Unable to open attachment in pdf file.

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a pdf form with an image attached (using the attachment tool). I have one random user reporting they are unable to open the image file. I've had other users try it with no issues. Has anyone else seen this issue before or know what could be causing the problem?

Thanks!

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is the user that is having the problem using the same version of Adobe Reader or Acrobat?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure, but I do suspect that could be the problem after doing some more research.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The random user may have security settings that prevents opening a pdf attachment, or they don't have a default application to open an image. You could try converting the image to a pdf and attaching that.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the suggestion!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines