• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to print from OneNote using Adobe PDF printer.

Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I attempt to print something from Microsoft OneNote using the Adobe PDF printer, all I get is a Notepad document with error codes.

Nick5CFC_0-1614019681362.png

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EDIT:  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Adobe PDF printer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried it, and it printed to PDF properly.  What more can you tell us about your process?  I used OneNote 2016 on Windows 10 and Acrobat Pro DC - current version.

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the OneNote for Windows 10 app.  I have Adobe Acrobat DC installed and updated.  Windows 10 pro (build 19042).

This only started about two weeks ago.  

If I am in the OneNote for Windows app and print using the Adobe PDF printer...the printer asks me what to name it and where to save it...the printer dialogue window opens up and a progress bar fills as the PDF is "created" and instead of a PDF file being the final product and NotePad file is created with the error codes I showed in the original post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you check to see if the output file has a .pdf extension?  If it does, maybe try to right-click on it and choose Open with... and find and select Acrobat.  Let us know what you find.

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The output is a text document (.log)... I shared one in the original post.  The file is not a PDF nor does it have the extension.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it.  Interesting that it is mentioning a font error w/ courier.  Is courier used in the file (that you know of)?  If so - and if you changer it, do you get a better result?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All my files in OneNote are created by using the stylus (I am on a Surface Pro tablet PC).  So, there are no fonts being used as I am not typing on the documents that I am trying to print.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you get any solution? Cause I am facing the same issue. I am using OneNote with stylus and the OneNote printing is not working, so I am using Adobe Print

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2022 Feb 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the same issue. Also One Note for Windows 10 also only receive an error log file when I try to print to Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not know why this happens, but I can help you with a work around.  If you go to your printer settings, Adobe PDF,  Manage, Printing Preferences, you want UNCHECK "Rely on system fonts only: do not use document fonts"  See the snip below.  For some reason, when this is checked it wont print correctly.  I was actually here looking for an answer for a different printing problem and saw your question and lots of other people having the same issue.  Hope it helps someone.

Melinda23284741gwww_0-1645558463204.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IT WORKED! YIPPEE!

--
*Nick Franklin*
Math Department
Brebeuf Jesuit Preparatory School

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is amazing! Thank you so much!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, and... This works!

Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, this works! Thanks, Melinda

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is also an option of Microsoft Print to PDF in OneNote. That let's me print any page to pdf. Like it is shown above there might be some clash with Acrobat's printing and the latest OneNote.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines