• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to Redact

New Here ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am able to select the redacting tool, and it lets me select the text I want to redact.  However, when I go "Apply" the redactions, the background is grayed out and a blank white box appears (where before that was the box that prompted me re: further questions, etc.).

I've tried restarting my computer (Macbook, running OS 11.3.1), and my Adobe Acrobat DC version is "2021.001.20155".

This is beyond frustrating as I rely on being able to redact as part of my job.  Any help or guidance would be appreciated!

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described, you are unable to redact as the application hangs on the blank white box.

- Is this an issue with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs that you try to redact. Please try with a different PDF file and check. If the PDF is stored on a shared network/drive please download it to your computer first and then try to redact.

As you have already tried to reboot the computer with no success, please try to reset the Acrobat preferences to default as described in the help page - https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-default/td-p/4792... and see if that brings any difference.

If ti still doesn't work, please create a new test user profile with full admin rights or enable the root account in Mac and try using the application there and check.

You may also try the steps provided in the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/troubleshoot-system-errors-freezes-mac.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

We have the same issue here. We use also version 2021.001.20155 on a windows platform. In the version before (with 145 at the end) the problem was fixed. The version before 145 had the same problem. Unfortunately in the version 2021.001.20155 it is introduced again. I have read somewhere that is could have something to do with fonts?
First I will try to reset the Acrobat preferences to default for now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines