Unable to register Acrobat Pro X

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I needed to change my motherboard and of course my Master Suite CS6 needed to be reregistered on Windows 10.

I had no issue with Photoshop CS6 and many of the other softwares of the suite that were able to get reauthorized.

However my Acrobat Pro X is asking at every lauch to reenter the serial number.

Once entered it will work until I close it then on the next lauch will ask it again.

When I go into the Acrobat registration menu, I am asked to enter my Adobe login/password (by the way it only accepts a password up to 12 char, so I had to reduce the lenght my adobe password).

Then I got the message: "an error has occured; Please try again later"

How can I solve this problem?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat X is an old and unsupported version, and is not officially compatible with any current OS.
To increase the chances of it working properly make sure you have all updates installed (up to 10.1.16) and run it in Compatibility Mode with an earlier OS, like Windows 7.

Updates are available here:
ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/acrobat/win/10.x/
You must use a dedicated FTP client to open the link, it won't work in most browsers.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was working perfectly until I changed my motherboard. I did not change the hard drive nor the installation of Acrobat.

It seems that only the registration server is not working anymore on the Adobe side.

There is absolutely no reason to force me to pay a hughe monthly fee for features I don't need when Acrobat X pro has all the features I need.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Making a major hardware change requires re-activation, yes. But the activation servers still work, as far as I know. What's the exact text of the error message you're getting?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After entering my login/password on the pop up that comes up from the registration menu from Acrobat Pro X.

"an error has occured; Please try again later"

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Login for what, exactly? Acrobat X didn't require any logins, just activation.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, every time I am starting Acrobat X pro, I have a pop up asking for my serial number. When I enter it the software works until I close it. When I reopen it it request the serial number again.

When I go to the menu of Acrobat Pro/Help/Register; it offer me to register the sofware and opens a new window asking for my adobe login/password and that is when I got the error.

I agree with you that I shouldn't have to login. However I tried that option in case I need to reauthorized the software like on the other CS6 suite software that needed it.

So why is Acrobat Pro not keeping my serial number?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know, sorry, but it has nothing to do with the registration.

I recommend you uninstall the application completely, then run this tool (https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html#windows) and reinstall it from scratch.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The reinstall didn't work;

However, I found the solution here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/master-collection-pop-up-quot-trial-will-expire-i...

Had to unregister another CS6 software, remove a cache file, start the MS trial, then register the CS6 software, then restart Acrobat.... What a nightmare....

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines