• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to remove pages from PDF

Enthusiast ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Adobe Acrobat Pro DC v. 2022.001.20112 on an iMac. Creative Cloud says I'm up-to-date.

I create reports... here's my process (which has worked just fine until recently):

I create a report and save it as a PDF. 

I delete the first page of the report and do a "save as" for a different report.  

Then I delete the second page of the report and try to do a "save as" again for yet a third report.

I've been doing it this way for years. Recently, I've had a problem. I can remove the first page and resave it. But... I can't delete the second page and resave it again. I have to quit out of Acrobat and restart it.

Anyone know why it's doing this? And is there anything I can do about it? 

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble.

Would you mind sharing what happens when you try to delete the second page from the PDF file and save it? Do you get any error messages? If yes, please share the screenshot of the same for a better understanding.

Please try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau...

Also, try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights or enable the root account in MAC and try using the application there and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure! When I go to delete the second page (at this point it's the first page of the PDF), I first get the message "Are you sure you want to delete the page from the document?" This is normal, so I click "OK." Then I get the following message: 

"One or more pages are in use and could not be deleted."

I'll try resetting the preferences. But I just recently had to call Adobe and the agent re-installed the entire program because I was having another, unrelated problem. Not sure why I'm having so much trouble with this version! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

Is this an issue with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check.

This happens with really large files where Acrobat is still rendering a page. Once Acrobat finishes rendering the page, you can delete it.

Also, try to repair the installation from the help menu (Windows Only) and reboot the computer once and check. Go to Help > Repair installation.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines