• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to save comments in PDF document using Adobe Acrobat (free version)

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm proofreading a document with Adobe Acrobat (free version) and want to save comments as I go along. But when I hit the 'save' button, I can only get the 'save as' function. This means that I have to save another version of the document each time I want to save my work, which is very unhelpful. I don't want to leave saving the comments till the end in case something happens and all of my comments are lost. How do I resolve this?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out.

As the Acrobat Reader DC is a free version, you can only use the "Save as" option.

If you are adding comments, try saving the PDF using the "Save as" option for the first time. If you wish to save the changes to the original file, browse the same location and then select replace the existing file.

Then continue adding comments to the PDF and directly save the changes. You will not receive the "Save as" window a second time in the same session. it will directly save the comments in the PDF.

For more information, please refer to the information provided here: https://helpx.adobe.com/reader/using/save-view-search-pdfs.html

Let us know if you experience any issues.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (the free version). Just recently, after I insert comments and try to File As, I get a blank File As popup, so I can save. I have tried this on various different pdfs. Help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines