• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to scale PowerPoint document

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have a PowerPoint file that I need converted to PDF and the content shrunk slightly. Normally, I follow these steps:

1. Ctrl-P, select Adobe PDF, and click on Printer Properties.

2. Click on the Layout tab, then the Advanced... button.

3. Change the Scaling percentage to 95.

4. Click OK twice, then click on Print, name and save the file.

This normally works just fine, but for whatever reason, this one file will not scale; regardless of the scaling percentage entered in step 3 above, it renders at 100%. The PowerPoint file was produced on a Mac, and we're now working with it on a Windows machine.

Would appreciate any tips or solutions that anyone may be willing to share.

Thanks,

Rob

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Roba

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described this particular file doesn't scale and renders at 100%

Please try to manually scale the PDF file as described in the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/scale-or-resize-printed-pages.html#main_Manually_scale_using_perc... and see if that works for you.
Note: Steps are same for new version of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the prompt response Amal. I followed your suggestion, and it works, but the new PDF renders the pages rotated--the original is landscape (since they're PowerPoint slides), and the non-scaled PDF is also landscape, but the final PDF--although properly scaled--has the pages rotated to portrait.

These are the steps I followed after creating the initial PDF:

1. Ctrl-P; printer set to Adobe PDF

2. Custom Scale: 95%

3. Orientation: Auto

Note that in step 3, if I change the orientation to Landscape, the new PDF is rendered upside down, and the content is not centered on the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

Thanks for trying out the suggestions and sorry to hear that the page orientation gets rotated in the final PDF document.

You may use the 'Organize pages' Tool in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC to rotate the orientation of the page as desired. To know how please check out the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/manipulating-deleting-renumbering-pdf-pages.html#rotate_a_page

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines