• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to select a range in thumbnail view

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm unable to select a page range in the thumbnail view after selecting first page in thumbnail view and then typing in the second range number at the top in the section that looks like this.. ____/1201. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing, I've looked through all the preferences that I could find. My co-workers computer all still work the way I need it to and I havent made any changes since the last imte I've used this feature. Any Suggestions??

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that.

Would you mind elaborating a bit more about the steps you are doing to select the page range in the thumbnail view of the PDF? A small video recording of the same will be very helpful, for a better understanding.

What is the version of the Acrobat DC and the OS you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 22.1.20169 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Also try to repair the installation from the help menu (Win Only)

You may also try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau...

You may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Windows or enable the root account in MAC and try using the application there and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm unable to give a video as the documnets I'm working with contain sensitive information. 

I'll do my best to list the steps I'm taking to print my document. 

Normally I will select my first page in the range (Page 1) in the thumbnail view, then type in the last page number in the range (Page 7). **In the screenshot attached you'll see in the upper right hand of the image, this is where I type in the second page of the range. I then hold down the shift button and select the last page of the range in the thumbnail view. I hit print and those pages are the ones that will be printed. 

Im still able to select a page in the thumbnail view and then select another page in the thumbnail view while holding shift and those pages will all be selected, but if i click out of the thumbnail view to type in the last number it will only select that page. 

I have uninstalled and re-installed the latest version of Acrobat DC and Ive tried looking through all the preeferences, and I've also tried to repair the installation from the help menu. 

I'll try resetting the preferences as you've suggested but I havent changed any of the preferences since the last time this has worked and I use this feature all the time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit. Acrobat DC v22.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I have tried to follow your steps and its working fine at my end.

Please try to repair the installation from the help menu (Win Only) and reboot the computer once. Also, try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described earlier and see if that works for you.

You may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Win and try using the application there and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

I've completed all the steps you've suggested and I'm still encountering the issue. Interesting thing I found is that instead of selecting the thumbnail I need (for the last page in the range) I can select the thumbnail next to while holding shift and it will select the whole page range, I then can select the actual page needed to complete the page range. 

Any suggestions, should I contact Adobe IT for help, our IT company is stumpped. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @ASAP_Mike 

Hope you're doing well !

We are not able to reproduce this issue on our machine. I understand that you can't share recording as you're working on a document with sensitive information. 

However, you can share recording with some test file. I am attaching a test file for your reference. Please reproduce the scenario with this test file and share recording.

Regards,

Sujata 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Mike,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused to you due to this issue. We are able to reproduce this issue at our end and started investigation on it.

As a workaround, you can select the page in thumbnail view by clicking on a previous page of the range selected. e.g. If you select the first page in the range (Page 1) in the thumbnail view, then type in the last page number in the range (Page 7), and hold Shift Key and click on the thumbnail of the Page 6, then you will be able to select all the pages from 1 to 6.

Please try and revert if it works for you, till then we are working on its fix.

Thanks,

Akanksha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines