• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to select form fields in Acrobat after latest release

Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2019 Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After this update I cannot select fields in my form all at once anymore. They get automatically deselected and underneath text is selected instead. Now I am down to painstakingly selecting each individual field in order to copy it to another form. It's a major nuisance. 😞

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

Adobe Acrobat DC and Reader DC official update (2019.021.20049) containing the fix for this issue is now available. This update will be automatically pushed to all existing installations of Acrobat and Reader. If you want, you may also manually trigger the update early by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates.

More information about this release is here: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/release-note/release-notes-acrobat-reader.html

Please try it out and let us know yo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Linakam,

We're sorry for the trouble you had, what is the version of Acrobat Pro DC is installed in which you are experiencing this issue?

To identify, please refer to the help article Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Would it be possible to share a screenshot or a video recording of the issue you are facing while filling the form?

Are you on a Mac or Windows machine and what is the version?

Would it be possible to share a sample file in which you are facing this issue with us so that we can test it at our end? Share the file in private message only. To send a private message, click on the envelope icon available on the Community near your Profile/avatar icon.

Thanks for your time and patience.

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

copy.PNG  Here is a shot of what hapens when I try to select multiple fields. 

It looks exactly like the form when I use the edit PDF tab, and I suspect is caused by adding the 'Edit/Add Text' options to thePrepare form tab. 

There are other posts on here discussing this problem. There is even a suggested workaround that does'nt help much. 

This problem is a huge hit to workflow for anyone who needs to move batches of fields from one form to another.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the detailed information ScottBI, the issue has been reported to the Engineering team for further investigation and they are working on a fix on high priority. I will share an update soon.

Thanks for your time and patience in this.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a workaround you can use the "Replace page" function since it leaves form fields (and comments) untouched.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anand,

Thank you for your reply. I work on Windows 7, using Acrobat Pro DC.
Replacing pages work only in some scenarios. If I use replace pages for my accessibility document, I will lose my tags. So I have to bring batches of fields from one document to another and move them around.
This new update made switching between text and fields too easy. Now if I don't pay attention, I might affect underlying text: shift lines, delete text or inadvertently modify fonts. 

While working on my documents I noticed the new behaviour of form fields. When I click the first field in the row, sometimes the whole row gets selected. It can be a problem when fields overlap, like on picture below:

c2.JPG

Here I didn't want the fields from the second row selected, but I am not given any choice but select and move each field separately. 

Selecting by pulling the pointer across fields got unruly. When the selection goes over any text underneath, fields get deselected and selection is switched back to text. In picture below instead of getting the last row of the fields selected, I get the line selected.

c3.JPG

 With all that said, is there any way to somehow turn off selecting the underlaying text?

Thanks!

Lina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a terrible new "feature"... Makes it impossible to edit fields properly. This definitely should not have been added at all, or at least with an (easy) option to disable it! It seems the only way to do it is through a registry edit. See: https://community.adobe.com/t5/Acrobat/New-feature-Unified-edit-text-and-form-fields/td-p/10672394

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive tried the registry edit and it still has this issue more than half the time when I try to select multiple fields. Its especially bad wit checkboxes and radio buttons. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing! It worked for me! (Our IT had to do the change to the registry).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Acrobat DC and Reader DC official update (2019.021.20049) containing the fix for this issue is now available. This update will be automatically pushed to all existing installations of Acrobat and Reader. If you want, you may also manually trigger the update early by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates.

More information about this release is here: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/release-note/release-notes-acrobat-reader.html

Please try it out and let us know your feedback!

Thanks for your patience and support!

Rohit Anand

(Acrobat Desktop Team)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works great (as it always should have worked 😉 ), thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As of:

Architecture: x86_64
Build: 21.5.20058.441104
AGM: 4.30.107
CoolType: 5.14.5
JP2K: 1.2.3.48698

It's baaaaaaaack.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines