• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to send for comments using adobe cloud storage

Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled Acrobat Pro X1 from my laptop and installed Adobe Acrobat Pro and Adobe Creative Cloud. Rebooted my system. 

I open a PDF in Acrobat Pro.

Select Send for Comments and a Send for Comments bar opens. 

I click Send for Shared Commenting and I get a dialog box for selecting my own internal server. However, I want to use the Adobe Cloud Storage.

I do have Preferences > Reviewing > Share for review using the Adove Document Cloud selected.

How can I get it to use Adobe Cloud storage instead of an internal server. It works for my co-workers but not for me. I have already run Adobe clean and reinstalled Acrobat Pro.

Thank you for the help!

Karene

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 17, 2023 Mar 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @karenel45206204 

We apologize for the delay in response to your question. Just in case you or anyone else is looking for the answer. Here's what we'd suggest:

"Share for commenting" Tool option is suggested to use when you would like to Share a PDF for review by hosting it on Sharepoint, WebDAV server, or a network folder.

For Acrobat Pro (Continuous) users yes this is correct that you have to change the preferences setting to

In the left pane, click Reviewing. Under the Shared Review Options section, deselect the Share For Review Using Adobe Document Cloud check box, and then click OK.

NOTE: when you make changes to the preferences setting, don't miss to click OK. Close the application completely and reopen, to apply the changes. 

Important: Document Cloud option is only available for Acrobat Pro DC users. If you're using Acrobat 2020 or Acrobat 2017 (Classic) or any other perpetual version then your option would be internal server only. 

• After changing the preferences setting, when  you'll click on "Send for Comment" you will be taken to this screen:

AkanchhaS_0-1679086186401.png

• In fact, you can directly initiate the shared comments by clicking on the "Share" icon available in the Toolbar 

AkanchhaS_1-1679086272590.png

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, this does not resolve my issue. I have Acrobat DC, but I do not have the three icons as shown at the bottom of Akanchha's reply. I have resorted to not using Adobe's cloud storage because I cannot get it to work for me. I have to use an internal network server (which is what I was trying to avoid doing).

Karene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @karenel45206204 

Is this an enterprise setup? And are our application rights managed by the IT team? 

Can you share the screenshot or a screen recording of all options you get at your end? 

Unfortunately, this does not resolve my issue. I have Acrobat DC, but I do not have the three icons as shown at the bottom of Akanchha's reply.

If not at the bottom, how about in the upper right corner? Don't you get the Share option at the top?

~Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Akanchha,

I do not know if this is an "enterprise setup" or what my IT team manages. This works correctly for my co-workers so I don't think that is the issue. I've already reinstalled Creative Cloud Desktop and Acrobat Pro several times. These are the icons that are missing:  

karenel45206204_0-1679931810585.png

I do not see a share icon at the top. Below are the icons that are missing (capture is from my co-worker):

karenel45206204_1-1679932199738.png

Karene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines