Unable to Sign PDFs - CSigField-1022

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unable to Sign PDFs - CSigField-1022.  There is a form we use onsite at our company, and its been used by all people for many years.  Its a purchase request form, and when my direct report fills our the form, and signs it, and then emails it to me, i then try to sign also and approve. but I get the above errors. 

Please help as this is an issue.

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is when signing the Dept. Manager Auth section.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is an error in the form, details see below.

If Adobe Acrobat used to allow signing that very form previously, then it probably simply used to ignore this error and in the current versions is stricter.

Determining the error details:

When trying to sign the Dept. Manager Authorization field, the following dialog pops up (at least here) before the error you mention is displayed:

MikelKlink_0-1650956313097.png

FieldMDP is short for Field Modification Detection and Prevention. Thus, let's look at the form field and the associated list of fields to lock:

<field name="Manager-Authorization" w="66.675mm" h="11.43mm" y="230.717mm">
  <ui>
    <signature type="PDF1.6">
      <border>
        <edge/>
      </border>
      <margin/>
      <manifest action="include" use="#ebacb6b8-af73-406b-97fe-3c721b72495c"/>
     </signature>
  </ui>
  <font typeface="Myriad Pro"/>
  <margin topInset="1mm" bottomInset="1mm" leftInset="1mm" rightInset="1mm"/>
  <para vAlign="middle"/>
  <caption reserve="24.34mm">
    <font size="8pt" typeface="Myriad Pro" weight="bold" baselineShift="0pt"/>
    <para vAlign="middle" spaceAbove="0pt" spaceBelow="0pt" textIndent="0pt" marginLeft="0pt" marginRight="0pt"/>
    <value>
      <text>Dept. Manager 
Authorization:</text>
    </value>
  </caption>
  <bind match="none"/>
</field>

<manifest name="Director_lock" id="ebacb6b8-af73-406b-97fe-3c721b72495c">
   <ref>xfa[0].template[0].form1[0].Page1[0].Signatures[0].Director-Authorization[0]</ref>
</manifest>

The intention is to lock the Dept. Manager Authorization field after signing, just like the other signature fields are configured to lock themselves respectively after signing. Unfortuntely an error has been made in case of this field, the name xfa[0].template[0].form1[0].Page1[0].Signatures[0].Director-Authorization[0] is wrong, the field actually is called Manager-Authorization, so it should have been xfa[0].template[0].form1[0].Page1[0].Signatures[0].Manager-Authorization[0].

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the input.  I am not sure to view properties of the fields.  But when I try an unfilled form of this purch req, I am able to sign in the Requestor Auth, save file, and then also sign the dept. mgr auth, and save file.  I will attach a blank form of this.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That new document seems to be a completely different revision of the form definition:

Very visible are numerous changes in the Cost-Center-GP choices.

In respect to the issue explained in my previous message, only the Requestor-Authorization field is associated with a list of fields to lock in the new file. For the Manager-Authorization field (and also the Director-OPS-Authorization and VP-Authorization fields) the signature element looks like this:

<signature>
  <border>
    <edge/>
  </border>
  <margin/>
</signature>

In particular it doesn't reference the manifest anymore with the invalid name.

Maybe you should ask all involved users to only use the new version of the file, not the old one.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

By the way, there is another error in the field locking manifest blocks in your original file: The field Requestor-Authorization references the manifest Vice_President_lock instead of the manifest Requestor_lock.

Thus, signing the field Requestor-Authorization locks the VP-Authorization field but not all the form fields only the requestor shall change. This explains why you can still edit all those form fields. This also is fixed in your second file.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines