• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

unchecking radio buttons in fillable PDF

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2008 Apr 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want those checking check box to have the ability to uncheck a box (or radio button). For instance, if there's a question that says, "If you checked "yes" to 8a above, skip question 8b," but someone accidentally checks the radio button in 8b, how do they get BOTH radio buttons unchecked. Right now, there are two radio buttons for each statement -- one for yes, one for no. One can click "yes" and then change their mind and click "no" and "no" is checked and "yes" is unchecked. HOWEVER, I find no way to uncheck BOTH once one or the other has been checked.

How can that be done?

Thank you.

jgb
TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Roman0D4C_1-1606790623003.png

Roman0D4C_3-1606790632652.png

I'm not sure if you are having the same problem that I am. In the Prepare Form tool, there is "More" a menu on the top and when you click "Clean Form", it clears all the previously checked buttons.

Roman0D4C_2-1606790627960.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh no DO NOT DO THIS.  It will delete all of the fields on your entire form.  Any work you have not saved will be lost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No wait, it's not lost lost. But the fields are now invisible, which is very inconvenient. It has changed a setting, and I cannot change it back. I can't see fields on ANY Acrobat file anywhere. boo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Edit (or the Acrobat app menu if you're on a Mac) - Preferences - Forms and tick "Show border hover color for fields".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope only clears the fillable data...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YASSSSS! Exactly what I was looking for! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My suggestion would be to use required Radio buttons before "If No, Skip to Question no. 23".  Use the "Yes" text box to unhide and the No to hide the pertinant questions and answers.  You can us the "Add Button" to "Reset a Form" and select the appropriate Radio buttons.

Properties, Action, Select Action: Show/Hide a field.  This way it way it will not matter if they incorrectly selected the Yes/No on the previous question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're the one filling it out? Ctrl+Z

Undo is the only way I know of to fix an accident.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines