Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

underlining in fillable form text field

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Afternoon, 

I am new to Adobe, and have acrobat pro dc right now. I have text field that is in my filliable form, and i want the text to be underlined when someone types in it. Right now, i have been placing lines physcially under the text field box, but i would love to know a way to have the text just automatically be underlined. The only solution i have found was from 2010 in this forum and its suggestions are no longer a part of DC that i can see. Can someone help me out. I attached a picture below of what i mean.Here is my test text field box and when someone clickes in there to type i want it to be underlined. I hope i have explained this well enough so you understand what i mean. Thank you in advance. dc filliable picture.PNG

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Set the field as having Rich Text Formatting (under Properties - Options) and then apply the following code as its custom Keystroke script (under Format - Custom):

if (event.richValue) {
var spans = event.richValue;
for (var i in spans) spans[i].underline = true;
event.richValue = spans;
}

It's possible that in some cases the underline will only be added once you exit the field, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set the field as having Rich Text Formatting (under Properties - Options) and then apply the following code as its custom Keystroke script (under Format - Custom):

if (event.richValue) {
var spans = event.richValue;
for (var i in spans) spans[i].underline = true;
event.richValue = spans;
}

It's possible that in some cases the underline will only be added once you exit the field, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much @try67 ! I started using this on friday and noticed on the forum, which seems like years, you are aboslutely the most knowledgeable person on here. My hat is off to you. With that said, I have an interesting question. You don't have to go into detail since I know you are probably busy but I was wondering and my interest is peaked about something. Figured I would save hours of research and just straight ask you--if you don't mind. Let's say I send a form to a customer to fill out that is PDF filliable form; is it possible that I can take that form that they filled out and populate fields with their information into another PDF filliable form? 

Basically, here is my situation. We send the customer a quote that has all the information on it in filliable forms from adobe dc. When we get the quote back, we have to fill out another PDF that is basically a dispatch to a field technician. 80% of the infomration on the dispatch is exactly the same; so, rather than copy and paste for 3 minutes each time, is there a way to take that form they already filled out and populate my new dispatch form with their information. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! And sure, that's possible. You just need to make sure the names of the fields in both files are the same (at least those that you want to transfer over), and then you could use the Export Form Data command on the first file, save the file as an FDF or text file, and then use Import Form Data on the second file and select the file you just created. That's it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can we reformulate the script in a radio botton yes/no to underline the texte field ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please how do i get it to underline my text in multi-line text

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines