Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unwanted signature lines

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi group,

I am trying to work with some ISO documents.  The Word documents have lots of fields and check boxes that we can check and a few places where there are lists of persons required for approval.  Our current process it to check the boxes in Word, print the document and then route it via the sneakernet.

I'd like to use Adobe to request e-signatures but when I do it, Adobe finds every checkbox and field on the word document and makes them editable.  Not what I wanted but not the end of the world.  What kills me is that it adds a signature line and date field to the very bottom of the form.  It is killing me trying to figure out how to stop it from this.  Any ideas?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to , Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi James,

Thank you for reaching out.

As you have mentioned above, the fields are automatically detected. This is the designed behavior.

I suggest filling out the form at your end using the Acrobat Sign and sending it further approval.

Please confirm if you do not require a signature on the document or the date field below the signature.

Before sending the form, you can change the form fields at your end in Acrobat Sign.

You may refer to the tutorial and steps suggested on the following help page: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/send-for-signature.html.

Let us know if you have any questions or need any help.

Thanks,

Meenakshi 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines