Update EXCEL value's in a PDF file

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In an excisting PDF file I want to add one EXCEL value from a single cell. When the value in the cell is changed, I want to see the change also in the excisting PDF. Is that possible?

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , How to , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Which platform are you on? as the approach will be different depending on that.

On windows, we can probably use VBA to achieve it

On Mac, probably Applescript,

But it would need to be coded, and it would also rely on the form/excel sheet not changing, or if it did you would have to update your script.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am on Windows, version 10.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, you can't connect an Excel file to a PDF directly in this way. The data from an Excel file can be read (even automatically) using a custom-made script, and then applied to a field in the PDF, but it will have to first be saved as a plain-text file.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines