• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Update on PDFMaker not working?

Participant ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For 3 months, PDFMaker has not been working in Word; Outlook add-in has not been working and there still hasn't been a solution? Win10, latest version (auto-updates enabled). 

Uninstalling/reinstalling/Acrobat Cleaning has had no effect on the issues and the only partial workaround is to print to Adobe PDF but none of the links transfer when printing. Is there going to be a fix for this anytime soon?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

It did not as I had already done all of that. The update that came out last night (4/12/2022) finally fixed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you reported the problem to Adobe? It's best not to assume that everyone is seeing the same problems and someone else reported it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been in the forums for quite awhile so yes, it's been reported many times, by many people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish it worked that way; there doesn't seem to be anyone at Adobe doing that. Adobe don't visit the forums to look for bug reports, so hundreds of people talking about it in the forum is no more "reporting it" than chatting about it in the supermarket. I suggest you do report it - or search to see if there is a report. https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html .  When you report it, please come back and share the URL, so other people with the same problem can vote for it. Because Adobe count the votes; fixing bugs is just a popularity contest these days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe does seem to respond in these forums but whether or not it's fruitful, is another issue. Their solution of using the cleaner or uninstalling/reinstalling for everyone, is laughable. Especially when users have repeatedly stated, they do not work.

I do not have another 6 hours to waste while level 1 list readers tell me to reboot, uninstall and reinstall. Things do not get solved that way but maybe someone in the community has been able to get a feasible solution. Depending on the support personnel that each of us get, one of them may have actually gotten a resolution that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The major tag bugs in PDF Maker were corrected with the most recent update to Acrobat Pro DC, version 2022.001.20085 in early March 2022.

You can read more about the list of bugs and the correction at https://acrobat.uservoice.com/forums/590923-acrobat-for-windows-and-mac/suggestions/44183082-accessi...

No need to uninstall/reinstall Acrobat. Just update your software the usual ways, either via your Creative Cloud management app, or via Help / Check for Updates within Acrobat Pro.

The uninstall / cold reboot / reinstall method is used when it's suspected that the program has become corrupted on someone's machine, not for bug updates.

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I greatly appreciate the response, the issues described here are not really the same as what our Org is experiencing and we are already on 20085. We're on auto-updates which is why it's frustrating that after several months, there is still an issue for half of our users. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ExhaustedTech, what issues are you having?

Your original post said that PDF Maker wasn't working. Can you give some more details about what specifically is not working?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same one that's mentioned here but I have not tried this person's solution yet so I'm going to try it when I get a moment

Solved: Re: An unexpected error occurred. PDFMaker was una... - Page 2 - Adobe Support Community - 8...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe this updated post will help.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/an-unexpected-error-occurred-pdfmaker-was-unable-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It did not as I had already done all of that. The update that came out last night (4/12/2022) finally fixed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great news!

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines