• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Update v. 17.011.30190 broke Adobe PDF printer for MS Office products

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The most recent update (came out on Feb. 9th) that Adobe put out for their Adobe 2017 product messed up the Adobe PDF converter.  users are getting the error: "Unable to find 'Adobe PDF' resource files. 'Adobe PDFMaker'. Their last release v.17.011.30127 it works fine with, but with the new one v. 17.011.30190 users with in the company I work for are mo longer able to convert files to PDF’s. This updates seems to only effect Office products like Outlook, Word and Excel. It works okay when trying to convert the a .txt or a jpg for example. Users that are on the older update v.17.011.30127 are able to still convert for example Microsft Word documents into PDF. Is their any fixes for this?

I have tried uninstalling, restarting PC and reinstalling Adobe 2017, but didn’t fix the issue. I have also tried uninstalling the Adobe PDF converter printer and reinstalling it, as well as giving full permissions to the user’s Adobe folder in the C:Drive, but both didn’t work. The only way it works currently is by rolling back the update and use the product on the older update v.17.011.30127. 

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Hi everyone,

We have idenitifed the cause of the issue and will be providing an update with the fix shortly.

Meanwhile, please install VC++ Runtime from https://aka.ms/vs/16/release/vc_redist.x64.exe

This should solve the issue and conversion should start working.

Thanks for your patience!

Regards

Sagrika 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me on my test computer! Thank you to the team that narrowed down a better solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sagrika, can you provide a little more detail regarding the "update with the fix"?

1. Will this update be another Adobe Acrobat update similar to 17.011.30190? Will the update increment Acrobat to another version like 17.011.30191?  

2. What is the timeframe typically like for a fix like this?  Should we expect something in the next 24 hours?  this week?  by the end of the month?  Q1?    

3. Will the fix actually include the VC++ Redistributable as part of the install?  or once the update is installed, can we remove VC++ Redis?

Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any updates on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I thought so too. I got that update and the problems started. Then I checked two other versions, one that hasn't been updated in 3 years. It isn't Adobe, it's MS Office. No, I don't know how, but you're not going to like the solution. You'll find it on older posts with the same error. Below are my findings.

Three, completely separate systems, two completely different versions. Same problem.

This is clearly a MS Office issue, but as noted, it appears the only resolution is to uninstall/reinstall Acrobat. Just hope your version isn’t out of date.

I first noticed it right after an update to Acrobat Pro v2017.011.30190 on Feb 9, 2021, but that must have been coincidental. It doesn’t explain how it propagated to the other versions. There is no way Acrobat 11 was updated; its end-of-life and hasn’t been in years. The helpdesks/admins are baffled and I have had no luck with my PC.

No one at our end has noticed their PDFMaker Office COM Addin being unattached or disabled. The only resolution we’ve seen is to uninstall Acrobat, shutdown the PC, restart the PC, reinstall Acrobat (and reboot for good measure).

The Configurations:

• Acrobat Pro (DC) v2017.011.30180 on Windows 10 with Office Pro 2019 under our company's tyrannical admin.
  • Acrobat Pro (DC) v2017.011.30190 on a Windows Server with Office Pro 2016 under an equally tyrannical gov't system.
  • Acrobat Pro 11 v11.0.23 on Windows 10 with Office Pro 2016 on my home PC where I am the tyrannical admin

• Uninstall/reinstall on Company PC: v2017.011.30156. Resolved problem. The Company controls updates. Expected to do so in time.

Details:

Error: Failure of the PDFMaker.

The Problem: Failure happens when trying to turn MS Office documents into PDFs, which uses the Adobe Acrobat PDFMaker add-in. MS Office as Save as Adobe PDF or Print to Adobe PDF; Explorer Convert to PDF (context menu); Acrobat Create PDF, Combine Files, Recognize Text (OCR), etc. of MS Office docs, but not other files, like a txt, html, images, etc. You get the picture.

Checks and Attempted Resolutions:

• Did all the usual, and then some (we were desperate). 
  • Made sure PDFMaker Office COM Addin was on MS Office apps. It was not disabled.
  • Checked security and permissions. Even my admins tried. Demigod powers made no difference.
  • Cannot uninstall/reinstall Acrobat Pro 11 because Adobe no longer supports it (thanks Adobe for being the necessary evil I’ve come to hate). I actually like the menus on version 11 better than DC. Who could make this software worse? Only Adobe! Hey, if it’s not broke, don’t fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See reply from Adobe rep just above yours.

Installing this should fix the issue, no reboot needed for me.

Visual C++ download location on Microsoft site 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't have to reboot, but two users did and they needed admin credentials to run the install. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are having the same issue.  After installing 17.011.30190, Word 2019 & Excel 2019 both throw an error when you click "Save as Adobe PDF" within Word/Excel. 

Unable to find "Adobe PDF" resource files.   "Acrobat PDFMaker"

You must have Administrator privleges to install these files.  Please contact your local system administrator.

We have tried uninstalling Acrobat Pro 17, and then reinstalling again, making sure to run the installers as 'administrator', but no change.  Per some suggestions, we have tried downloading the latest Visual C++ Redistributables, and that appears to fix it.  Are they going to start bundling this VC++ Redis with Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017 now?  We could roll that out but if its not really supposed to be there and long term we dont need it, i'd rather not install it.  Less software the better.  Please advise if Adobe's "fix" is going to ultimately include this software being installed.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

This issue has been resolved in latest Acrobat 2017 patch. Please go to Help > Check for Updates to get the latest patch.

Thanks

Tanvi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

This issue has been resolved in latest Acrobat 2017 patch. Please go to Help > Check for Updates to get the latest patch.

Thanks
Tanvi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After the Update 2017.011.30199, Adobe PDF printer was removed. I added it manually and Unchecked "Enable Advanced printing features" to make it work for me. Now I am able to print MS office to Adobe PDF.

Hopefully Adobe release another update to fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines