• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updated forms w/paid version of Adobe on desktop-techs using iPads can't see all fillable form field

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the purchased/paid version of Adobe on my desktop so I can update forms and make them fillable for the company for which I work. However, our techs can't see or fill out the updates that I make. For example, inspection reports have a fillable signature line at the bottom of the form, but the tech cannot see or access any fillable signature field at the bottom of the form. How do I fix this? Will I have to purchase the paid version for each tablet and desktop in our company just so they can fill out the fillable portions of the form?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , PDF forms , Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you added a signature field?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the forms have a fillable signature field on them when I view them on my desktop, but the fillable signature field doesn't show up on the tablets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Reader on iOS or Android doesn't support this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the original forms have the signature fields on them, and I can see
that on my desktop, but the technicians' tablets don't show the signature
fillable fields even though it's the identical form.

[Private info removed]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The form is identical but the application isn't, and mobile applications do not currently support digitally signing PDF files, unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If your techs are using iPads, then PDF Expert from Readle does handle signature fields well. 

But even without a signature field, the Adobe Mobile Reader does have a signature tool.  I think you'll just need to train them on how to use it. 

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines