Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

URGENT need help to organise big chuncks of PDF files

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe community, 

I really need urgently help. 

I work for a big firm that has around 80 employees. Each month I receive one PDF file with 80 paysheets on it. This is about 90 pages because most of the paysheets are 1 page and some are 2 pages. I then split the file in 90 pages and add it to the email one by one. It takes forever as I have to check each time which employee it is and wheather ot not is one page or 2. Also I don't know how to rename them in a better way, I open 15 by 15 and then one by one rename them but it is chaos.

Of course I am getting lost this way and I strongly believe that there is a better way to do this, can you help me??? Any ideas will be highly appreciated.

Thank you!

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This can be automated. I've done this a few times for different applications. You need to identify one feature that is unique to the start page of a new set of pages, and that is hopefully always in the same area of the page. You can then use a combination of cropping the page in JavaScript, iterating over all words until you find the phrase you are looking for, and then reversing the crop you did in the first step. From this point on, you collect pages until you find a new start of a set page. You would use the same technique to find information about the recipient (e.g. employee id) and then save the pages you've identified to a new file with a filename that contains this identifying information. In a separate step, you would then use e.g. automation in Microsoft Outlook (or Excel or Word), to process every file in your output folder, extract the empoyee ID, and then look up the corresponding email address in e.g. a spreadsheet, and craete a new email. 

It's not a simple process, but it can be done. It will take a bit of work to get it implemented, but then it will save a big amount of work every time you have to run this report. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you so much for this detailful answer! I appreciate it enormously.

Yes it will be easier next time.
Thanks again.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines