• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

**URGENT: SAVING A PDF WITH A 5 CHARACTER PASSWORD - ASSIST IMMEDIATELY**

Explorer ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As above.  I need a solution to override saving a PDF with only 5 characters.  This is for work purposes and is essentially non-negotiable.  I use Windows on a Microsoft Book 2 operating system. 

Should this action only be compatible with Apple, or, if I need to download another program in order to fulful this obligation, please advise ASAP

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

[Edited]

It seems Adobe provided a solution for this : https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/set-pdf-passwords-fewer-than-six-characters-long.html

Is it not working for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Edited]

It seems Adobe provided a solution for this : https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/set-pdf-passwords-fewer-than-six-characters-long.html

Is it not working for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greatly appreciate your prompt response! Can you please now advise what
previous Acrobat versions are compatible with this password feature?

Thanks,
R

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

XI and earlier versions are for sure. I'm not 100% sure about the versions between XI and DC, sorry.

Another option, of course, is to do it using a third-party application, one without this limitation which Adobe decided to enforce on its users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe's post tells you specifically how to enable support for 5 character passwords in the latest version on Mac OS. I'm not sure why you are asking about older versions, but if you must know it also tells you in what version the change was made.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, I read that you needed it for Mac. It also gives a specific solution for Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines