• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Use action wizard to import layers for multiple pages

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2019 Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have about 20 4-page PDFs that I want to add the same layers to. It seems like I should be able to use the Action Wizard import layer tool, but I can't specify which page I'd like the layers applied to in the Specify Settings dialogue. Am I missing something? Is there a work-around?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 01, 2019 Jul 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am not sure the layers are page-specific but I think a layer applies to the whole document.

Please always include in your query the version of Acrobat and the operating system you are using.

Also, consider including screenshots to help us understand better your question and send you the correct answer quicker.

You can use an application like https://www.screentogif.com/ to insert animated screenshots.

Is it possible to create the layers in your source (original) document? Please describe your production process.

More towards the bottom of this page PDF layers, Adobe Acrobat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 01, 2019 Jul 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Layers are page specific.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2019 Jul 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up getting help from Adobe Customer Support, who counseled me to use Watermarks. Using Watermarks allowed me to specify the page or page range for each image I wanted to add, apply it to all the relevant pages in multiple documents with a single command, and specify the exact location of the image on each page. I hope this helps someone else in the future!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Can you please explain how to add the page range?

When I use watermarks for a 1000 page document (and load another very similar pdf with the same number of pages) the popup window doesn't allow to insert the range (i.e. "1-1000") and picks only the first page to superimpose to all the pages. 

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can only select a page range in the target document, not in the one you're using as the watermark.

If you want to apply a different page from the watermark document to each page of the target document you would need to use a script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OUCH adobe. 

they are making this hard.  Good luck adding a watermark or background layer to a 100 page document

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines