Exit

(Use Overprint Preview: Always) - 7 second render

Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have my preferences set to:

Page Display > Use Overprint Preview: Always
I have a PDF file that contains yellow objects (100% Yellow) on a red background (15% Cyan, 100%Yellow, 100%Magenta, 0% Black). The yellow objects were set to overprint by mistake. When I open the PDF in Acrobat Pro Version 2022.003.20322 the yellow objects appear, then 7 seconds later they dissapear.
It seems it takes Acrobat 7 seconds to render the overprint. The file size is 36 KB, and all of the content is vector art and fonts.
This caused me to miss the overprint problem, because I didn't wait the 7 seconds to allow it to render. It's a simple job, so preview was a quick in and out. had no idea that I neededto wait for the render to process.
Why would the rendering of overprint not be a top proirity, and the application wait to show me an accurate render rather than opening the file with the inaccurate view, then changing 7 seconds later ?

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am using Acrobat Pro Version 2022.003.20322

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines