• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

User cannot combine word documents to 1 PDF. unidentified error.

Participant ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our Executive Admin has had this problem for quite some time on her in office computer, its completely impossible to fix so we gave her a brand NEW computer with 11th gen Core i5, 16GB RAM and 256 nvme SSD.  Even on the new Windows 10 21H2 computer, this error occurs.

When she tries to combine word docs (docx files) to a PDF it says "No PDF file was created because Adobe Acrobat encountered an unidentified error."  

The only way to do this is in each word doc, print to "Microsoft PDF" save them all in a folder, then combine all of those PDFS in that folder into one big PDF.  She never used to have to do this extra step.

According to our software inventory system, it scanned the computer and has the following versions of software:

Adobe Acrobat DC version 22.001.20142 (Added to machines where users have Adobe DC license)

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC version 22.001.21042 (Part of our standard computer deployment)

Microsoft 365 Apps for business - en-us version 16.0.15128.20280 (this is where word comes from).

Her previous computer worked for a long time and then eventually started giving this error.  So we completely removed adobe from it, rebooted and then reinstalled it.  The issue persisted.  Being that her old computer was going on 5 years old, we replaced it for a new model that we just received in.  However even with a clean fresh load of software and a newly created Windows user profile, the problem persists.

Any ideas?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @LisaBoz 

We are sorry to hear that. Would you mind sharing a small video recording of the steps yo are doing and the issue you are experiencing?

Also, would you mind collecting the Adobe CC logs https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html , Procmon logs (Win Only) https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/acromonitor.html  and share them via any cloud storage? Just upload the log file to the cloud, generate the link, and share that link with us for further investigation.

Regards
Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe I have successfully completed the steps above. However, this Adobe will not allow me to create a link to my dropbox account. 

I am also putting conversations from a separate problem thread that should be in this thread:

LisaBoz_0-1677776671243.png

Adobe Support Community

Dean_Utian just posted in a community you follow.

Feb 10, 2023 11:45 AM in Acrobat Discussions

Re: Windows - Entry Point Not Found

Did this correspond with any Microsoft updates that you applied?

From LisaBoz

The problems started 02/03/23. The last windows update on my computer was 01/24/23 (it usually occurs in the early morning hours) but I was able to combine files for a pdf late in the afternoon of that same day. Even if it was an ms update, why is there no problem with Excel and only Word? 

Just now i've uninstalled both windows updates from 01/24/23 and I still have the same error "No PDF files was created because Adobe Acrobat encountered an unidentified error."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AdobeLogs_20230302_044459_125-win-GS.zxp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @LisaBoz 

Thanks for sharing the logs. The issue is reported to the development team and being worked upon.

The fix will be available in the future updates.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar issue when combining powerpoints with Adobe.  I was getting the same error.

In this case I traced it down to a third party  powerpoint Add-In.

I removed the Add-In from powerpoint and no longer get the error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solved the issue for me.  I had a COM 3rd party add-in in Word that when I disabled it, resolved my issue.  
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did NOT help me. Don't disable this COM add-in. It's required for making pdfs from Word docs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not disable the PDF add-in.  It was a separate 3rd party application add-in that we weren't needing anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it. I misunderstood. Thanks for the clarification.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines