• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

User made a fillable pdf but mailto: only works on some pc's

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a user the other day that wasn't able to get outlook to open with a submit button using the mailto: protocol.

-I checked that outlook was set for default with email and the mailto: and it was for both

-I checked for interfering security settings between those that it worked for and those that it didn't

-Windows 10 to Windows 7 doesn't seem to be the difference as it works for both and doesn't work for others using Windows 10/7

-Users are working with a VM environment but this also has some that work and some that don't

Does anyone have any suggestions to fix this as the pdf needs to be sent to non-domain users that won't have IT support to call.

Thanks,

Kendall

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Hi Kendall,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Are you still experiencing this issue? If yes, could you let us know dot version of Acrobat installed on the machine? To check the version: Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Try updating Acrobat to the latest patch using "check for updates" option under "Help" menu. You may also download updates manually using this link: Adobe software and product updates, reboot the machine after installing update and try again.

Also, for tro

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kendall,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Are you still experiencing this issue? If yes, could you let us know dot version of Acrobat installed on the machine? To check the version: Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Try updating Acrobat to the latest patch using "check for updates" option under "Help" menu. You may also download updates manually using this link: Adobe software and product updates, reboot the machine after installing update and try again.

Also, for troubleshooting purpose, try sending pdf using envelop icon in the toolbar > Send file and check if that brings up "Send Email" dialogue box.

Thank You,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm having a similar problem where my Submit button that is supposed to email my form only works for Mac users but not PC users. Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Yvonne!

Thank you for reaching out.

We have checked the PDF that you shared above on a Windows machine.

The submit button works fine at our end.

Could you please confirm how the user on the Windows machine fills the PDF form?

Are they using Adobe or another application to open the PDF?

Please share more information.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I told them to download the form to their desktop before attempting to fill out the form.  I'm told they are using Adobe. It's very challenging when my client want to send this out to hundreds of donors. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2022 Nov 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Meenakshi!

With Adobe Reader 2022.003.20263 64Bit on our Win10 19044.2251 machine it doesnt work! There are others too with this problem in this forum (Mailto: Link not working = "One of the specified recipients is not resolvable") and this problem exist over a year or longer.

Its a windows adobe 64bit reader problem and very annoying and I have to deal with it again at my company. Please fix it.

A year ago I tried to fix this here with deactivating the updateservices of adobe, because an peviously installed 32bit reader updates itself to the 64bit acrobat (wtf! & why?). But this can't be the solution and home users can't do something like this. This happens not only on one machine here, its on different machines.

TiA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines