• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Adobe Acrobat Pro with most recent update installed and it crashes & errors out

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2022 Sep 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't make a pdf from a file, can't go into acrobat pro and go into tools to organize, and can't click on the File button in the top left hand corner without an error message coming up.  "An internal error occurred"

I am in need to use this now.  Can I uninstall the current version and puchase an older version to be able to create and combine PDF's?

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @TLPowell 

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Make sure you are using the recent version 22.2.20191 of Acrobat DC. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Also,  try to repair the installation from the help menu (Win only) and reboot the computer and check.

If it still doesn't work, please turn off the protected mode for Win only and check. Go to Edit > Preferences > Enhanced Security > Uncheck 'Enable Protected mode at startup' Turn Off the protected mode and uncheck 'Enhanced Security' > Click ok and reboot the computer. 
Note: Please turn on the security after testing to avoid any security risk.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Is the version 22.002.20191 same as 22.2.20191? I have pretty similar problem, Adobe doesn't work correctly. I can open a file, but just a moment, and if I try run the Adobe without choosing any file, Adobe doesn't run.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @TLPowell 

If the issue still occurs, would you mind collecting Adobe CC logs https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html, Procmon logs https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/acromonitor.html and in case the application is freezing/crashing please also collect the Adobe Acrobat crash/freeze logs https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/collect-logs-crash-freeze.html and share them via document cloud as described here https://helpx.adobe.com/document-cloud/help/sharing-pdfs.html for further investigation 

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amal,  I had this finally working yesterday after reinstalling it.  Now today I made PDF's from my excel file and was able to create them, but when I went to combine the PDF's, it worked, but I can't print the combined file.  I will send you the Adobe CC logs, etc. soon.  Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for all of your help!  I now can create PDF's and combine files, but only in Adobe Acrobat DC and not on the web.  Also, I can only print from Adobe Acrobat on the web, so if I make my Adobe Acrobat DC the default PDF maker, then I can print.  If not, I have to return to the web version to print.  Also, I still can't create a PDF or combine PDF's on the web version and if I would click on the "File" tab in the top left hand corner, it locks up and an error message appears as before, "an internal error occurred".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @TLPowell 

We would request you to share the requested logs for further investigation of the issue.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had Adobe Acrobat lock up mutiple times recently and I have lost several hours of document modifications due to this issue. Also my spelling is now always corrupted or not working as well and i have to keep reinstalling. Revu has a better product and it does not crash as much as your program has been doing lately. For what we pay monthly for this service the glitches should be corrected and not ignored. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

The issue for ''Internal error occurred'' is reported to our engineering team for review and they are working on it.

The fix will be available in the future updates.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I will be looking for it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Amal, 

Thank you for all of your help.  I ended up calling the adobe tech support line and letting them remote into my computer to fix the problem.  They set it back to what it was before the update, having a lot of problems doing so, but it did begin working as it did before the update.  Problem now is the automatic updates were on and I now am in the same situation again.  I will probably end up having to call them again and letting them remote in to fix it.  It has cost me a lot of work time.  Hopefully they get it resolved soon, as I know I'm one of many having the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines