• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using "Add Image"

New Here ,
May 22, 2022 May 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying to use "Add Image" in the edit mode of Acrobat Pro DC to add figures (as pdf files) to an existing pdf. But although I can see the list of these pdf figure files, they are not highlighted, so I can't click on them, or open them. I have the latest updated version of Acrobat Pro DC, runing in macOS 12.3.1 (Monterey).

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Hi @David24557469a32o 

As mentioned that you are not able to insert images that are in a PDF format, right? If that is the case, then convert them to image using the export PDF tool and select the image format you want. If not, Would you mind sharing a few more details to understand the issue better?

1. Application version?
  2.  What is the file type you are trying to insert?

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Harsh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,
May 22, 2022 May 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @David24557469a32o,

If you click on the Options button and look at the list of file types, pdf files are not shown, you'll probably have to save them as a different file type.

Screen Shot 2022-05-22 at 7.51.46 PM.png

Regards,

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, thank you, I save them as jpegs, and that worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can create a custom stamp from a pdf, another option is to place your original pdf into InDesign and then place the pdf figures on top and export to a new pdf. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @David24557469a32o 

As mentioned that you are not able to insert images that are in a PDF format, right? If that is the case, then convert them to image using the export PDF tool and select the image format you want. If not, Would you mind sharing a few more details to understand the issue better?

1. Application version?
  2.  What is the file type you are trying to insert?

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Harsh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Harsh - yes, thank-you, I saved them as jpegs, and that worked.

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thing is, a PDF isn't actually an image. So the menu is right not to offer it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines