• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

UX Layout for Adding PDFs to existing Documents, can you explain and adjust?

Contributor ,
Jan 10, 2024 Jan 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Adobe made the change in the UX for the new Acrobat,  I liked most of it but there is the one that I absolutely HATE...

When you make changes, it's best to re-examine everything because it gives you a chance to really impress users. When you half do it, it just leaves users triggered...

It used  to be very easy to add pages to a pdf but it's sort of confusing now. It's like in two places and one of the places doesn't really do what it is suppose to do. Can we talk about this and I'll post examples belows:

The Combine Feature (Combine-bug.jpg) 

The Organize Feature (Organize-bug.jpg) 

I'm summarizing the pain now so I can go into detail about each feature below. 

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , How to , PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The combine feature I just hate it!  Can you just remove this and push everyone to the Organize feature? 

Let me show you the pain of Combine. If this was Half-Life 2, you would know exactly what I mean when I say "Combine" but Adobe leaves you confused...

But moving along...

When I use combine, the feature doesn't really do what you expect. I tried it to "combine" but the documents are still separate. Look at my images below but notice I still have to "merge" the files even after doing these steps:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The organize feature should be the solution recommended by Adobe Acrobat. It's just fast and simple. This is what a designer wants to complete work for clients promptly. This feature allows maximum controls. See images below: 

Organize-Bug1.jpg - I get maximum control options to manage the pages

Organize-Bug2.jpg - I get maximum options to insert from

Organize-Bug3.jpg - File Selection 

Organize-Bug4.jpg - Insertion selection control

Why is the Combine option still here? I want to hear any "Combine" supporter comments related to this feature.

Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What settings at Options does you use when you combine files?

Have you created a portfolio?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm almost  always inserting files into pdfs. Example, I'll type out a letter. Then I'll add attachments (emails, older pdfs)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just curious,

In which program are you typing a letter, and which method do you use to export to PDF (i.e. if using Microsoft Word)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 11, 2024 Jan 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Microsoft Word is the application I use to write letters. Then I "Print" to pdf using the Adobe PDF printer then I merge them. I used to do "Adobe PDf" but again the steps seemed longer. I need to post screenshots of the differences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 11, 2024 Jan 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are pdf printing details:

Save to PDF:

savetopdf.jpg

Printing to PDF: 

printingtopdf.jpg

printingtopdf1.jpg (this one has various pdf printing options. 

I guess my question is why do we need both options here (saving and printing to pdf)? 

Is there a difference?

Print to PDF (various flavors)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2024 Jan 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Microsoft Print to PDF is part of MS Windows. 

Adobe PDF is part of Adobe Acrobat.

Where does you see the Save as PDF? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 12, 2024 Jan 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Why did you put this comment? Microsoft and Adobe pdf are very clear. My point and my question is what is the difference between "saving" to pdf and "printing" to pdf? Please look at the screenshots too. 

I want Adobe to remove the "Save" to pdf because it's redundant

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines