Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Valid serial number for Acrobat Pro 2017

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe Experts/community

We have a valid Serial number (as confirmed by Adobe Chat staff) however, whenever I activate it, the system prompts Invalid Serial number.

Our laptops has Acrobat Reader 2020 installed for everyone to have the basic software

Could this be interferring with the installation of the lower version, Acrobat Pro 2017?

1. If yes, how do we activate 2017 version without uninstalling the Reader 2020 as I have no Admin Rights to uninstall it?

2. If not , what may be possible issue and how to resolve the "Invalid Serial Number"prompting?

Thank you for your kind response/advise.

Integral

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 30, 2022 Dec 30, 2022

no, teams is a different license type requiring the teams installer that matches the teams serial number.

if you purchased from or registered with adobe, and you remember the adobe id used, you may be able to get the installer from your account, https://account.adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 29, 2022 Dec 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First: I doubt that you have an Enterprise or Teams licence, so I will move this from Enterprise & Teams to Download & Install.

If you don't have admin rights, how does it come that Acrobat is installed on your system?

My advice is to get rid of the Reader. I haven't had trouble with the Reader installed in parallel to the full Acrobat, but I know that it isn't supported. My second advice is to get someone who has admin rights to activate by running the program as admin.

Troubles like this are best solved with an administrator sitting nearby.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Abambo

The Acrobat Reader DC 2020 was installed by another team which the Admin Rights for that software. I do not have admin rights to uninstall it. I only have it for the installation of the Acrobat Pro 2017 full version. We have explored the suggestion of others who responded and have eventually resolved the issue.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

assuming you're using a valid adobe serial number (6 groups of 4 numbers), you have a mismatch between your installation file and serial number. ie, you can have a valid serial number, but if it's for program A and your installation file is for program B, you will see an invalid serial number message.

common mismatches are language/region (eg, serial number is for western europe and installation file is eastern europe), platform (eg, serial number is for a mac and installation file is win), license type (eg, education vs enterprise vs individual).

and one of the most common is using a program installation file with a suite's serial number. eg, using a cs6 suite serial number with a photoshop cs6 installation file. that won't work even though photoshop is included in that suite. you must use the (correct) suite's installation file (and you can choose to only install one program from the suite). here's official info about that error, http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/error-serial-number-valid-product.html

<moved from enterprise&teams>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kglad

Our license is Teams, can it use the same installer as the Individual as you did not mention that among the platforms?

Thank you for you reply/comment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2022 Dec 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no, teams is a different license type requiring the teams installer that matches the teams serial number.

if you purchased from or registered with adobe, and you remember the adobe id used, you may be able to get the installer from your account, https://account.adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Kglad.

Yes, we managed to get the Teams installer from our account and the issue is resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@nancyh35675047 

thank you for that follow-up.  hopefully, it helps someone else in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines