Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Values will not sum up

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I use Adobe Pro DC. I created a form with several questions and each question has a drop down list of answers. Each answer has its own value. I have a total score botton to sum up all the vaules from the answers.

I can sum up the values from my end before I email the form to the client to fill and sign, however after I emailed the form to the client, the value remains 0 on his end. In return, I recevied a form with a 0 score.

How can I fix issue ? Any helps are appreciate !

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe they didn't press the button... You should use a field with a calculation script or formula to achieve this, instead of a button. However, you have to keep in mind that there are a lot of bad PDF viewers out there, where such calculations are not likely to work. So you need to instruct your users to stick to Adobe Reader, or you need to perform those calculations yourself, and not rely on them working on the user's machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are your formulas still in the returned PDF?

Are your formulas in JavaScript?

I'm wondering if they code might be getting stripped out by company's email server for security reasons.

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines