Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Various errors when opening PDF from network storage

Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

when opening a PDF file from a network storage at first everything goes fine. But as soon as I loose connection to the network drive or my device enters standby I encounter several errors.

Mainly the files that are already opened are not displayed correctly (only white pages with all the text missing) as soon as I start scrolling.

Currently the error code I get displayed is "109" but I sometimes i also get some "streaming" error.

Normally I would expect the PDF to be displayed correctly even if the connection gets lost (does Adobe not create a local copy?). Even when the connection is restored the files do still not display. Only way to fix this is to reopen the file. Other PDF viewers like e.g. Foxit do not have this issue.

Is there a way to fix this?

I am using Adobe Acrobat  Pro DC 2021.005.20048 on a Win10 64bit (build 19041.1052).

Thanks in advance for your kind help.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be because the PDF was created with a Web Optimised (Fast Web View) option activated.

This means the page will not download unless you scroll to it. As a result a user accesses the file quicker than waiting for the whole file to be downloaded. 

I don't think the file is cached on your device, it might do that if you open it in a web browser window.

You should try to open and scroll the whole file before you loose connection or try to deactivate the web optimnised option.

To disable fast view in Acrobatgo to Edit > Preferences > Documents > Save Settings > Save As optimizes for Fast Web View [deselect]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Odd thing is, that after the error is displayed, even the pages that were display correctly before will not show again.

The files are created from Word and Excel rather than in Adobe itself. Is there no way to tell Adobe to cache the whole file, even if it is optimized for web view?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines