• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Vertical Alignment when printing pdf

Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a pdf that I am printing and it looks correct in the print preview, but once the pages are printed it some how has shifted the document up two inches from the bottom of the page. So the top is cut off. How can I get it to shift back down?

TOPICS
How to , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More info and a screen shot of your preview would help.

What System are you on? What version of Acrobat? Printer? etc etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Reader DC Version: 2021.005.20058

Printer: Cannon imageCLASS D1620 

Computer: iMac macOS Big Sur 11.5.2

It will print correctly if I use preview program on the computer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Usually, this is because your Page Setup is maybe set to format to a different printer (or Any Printer). It's not enough to select it at the top; that's merely the Destination.

Under Page Setup, check to make sure that your Canon is selected there and you choose the appropriate Letter for your purposes.

You should not normally select "Fit" as this will resize your page to fit within the PRINTABLE area of your selected page. Select Actual Size unless there is a reason to fit your content inside the printable area. Your preview seems correct, but it doesn't matter if the wrong Printer/Paper combo is selected.

canon.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So that has solved one problem but also created another. 

It is now correctly printing the whole page when it prints a letter size document. If I have print a pdf containing both letter and legal size papers, then it will only print on legal size paper. I would like for it to auto select the correct paper size when I print the whole pdf. 

Thank you so much for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I personally don't think there's a way to do that, but others might chime in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What print options did you select? Did you check the size of the various boxes of the pages (Crop, Trim, etc.) and made sure they are the same?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines