• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

VLOOKUP Function In Adobe Acrobat

Explorer ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a PDF fillable form and I want to use a barcode scanner to bring data into the form. 

I have barcode number 001 attached to an item with a serial number of 123456, but when I scan the barcode it inserts the barcode number (001) as you would expect it to do.

I have created an excel spreadsheet with barcode 001 in a table linked to serial number 123456, but cannot work out how to create an equivelant PDF (VLOOKUP) function which, when I scan barcode 001, it pulls the serial 123456 into the PDF fillable form. 

Can anyone be of assistance?

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Greg

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described you want to to create an equivelant PDF (VLOOKUP) function which, when I scan barcode 001, it pulls the serial 123456 into the PDF fillable form. 

This workflow might be possible using the custom script. For more information please check the help page https://acrobatusers.com/tutorials/javascript_console/

Hope this information will help

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Amal,

I don't think that this option will work. I know I have only mentioned 1 barcode. but my spreadsheet containes over 100 barcodes linked to a number of different serial numbers.

So the lookup function would need to be from Excel to Adobe for any of the assigned barcodes I have on my spreadsheet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is possible to do with a script, but the file with the data has to be converted either to JavaScript code or to a plain-text file and then attached to the PDF, so a script could read and parse it in order to make this conversion.

The latter option is better because it allows you to update the list more easily, and you could even open that file (CSV or tab-delimited) directly in Excel. It's not possible to use an XLS(X) file directly, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can put it into a CSV without any issue. Any chance you could gelp with the script?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a somewhat complicated task if you don't have any experience at all with Acrobat JavaScript...

If you're interested I could write the full script for you, for a small fee. You can contact me privately via [try6767 at gmail.com] to discuss it further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines