• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wanting to horizontally flip an entire pdf page as I can't select the parts properly

New Here ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm an origami artist working on an incredibly complicated model (Ryujin 3.5 to be more specific). I'm using some guides for how to fold it because it's too complex for me to try and figure out on my own, however these guides are based on a version of the crease pattern (which is the map of creases that form the base model for those who don't know) which is flipped horizontally compared to the one I have. I don't want to convert it to some other format for easier transformation as the details are very fine and I can't risk losing any quality as such, so I loaded it into Acrobat, but it seems to break up the pdf into very random parts, meaning I have these pieces of the crease pattern which are freely editable independent from the rest of the file and others that I can't even select. Resultantly, flipping it is much more difficult than I'd have liked.

So my two thoughts are either to flip the entire page horizontally, or use a 'select all on page' tool (and ideally group all the objects) and flip them then. As of yet I haven't found any way to do either of those things. Any pointers?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ultimately want to print it? Maybe try flipping it horizontally in the print dialog box.

I'd be happy to flip it in InDesign for you and send you a new PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel a bit dumb for this but for some reason I can't find a way to do that either. Would be lovely if you could flip it for me though, this is way too much of a faff for such a trivial action. Would be useful to have the document itself flipped anyway as printed out the details are difficult to make out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
May 28, 2022 May 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Oscar24364203b8bf,

Please see the attached file.....is this what you wanted?

Regards,

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beautiful, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do this with a preflight fixup- Tools> Print Production> Preflight> Fixup.

Would love to see a pic of the final folded piece!

Flip.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Petite note pour les francophones :

J'ai eu beaucoup de mal à trouver cette fonction lorsque j'en ai eu besoin.

Dans d'autres logiciels, Adobe utilise à raison "Miroir" pour la traduction française de "Flip". Je ne sais pour quelle raison cette traduction n'a pas également été utilisée pour Acrobat !!! Le pire étant que la traduction n'est pas identique pour le Miroir horizontal (traduit par "Rotation des pages horizontalement") et le Miroir vertical (traduit par "Retourner les pages verticalement").

Capture_d’écran_2022-05-28_à_21_55_55.png

@+

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

En 2008, dans le forum consacré à la "prerelease", Leonard Rosenthol m'avait proposé de faire la liste de toutes les erreurs de traduction (française) dans Acrobat après que j'en avais signalé plusieurs.

Je lui avait répondu que ce serait avec plaisir mais comme c'est un gros travail et que je n'ai pas l'habitude ni le loisir de travailler gratuitement, surtout pour une société multinationale qui ne manque pas de moyens,  il devrait donc me faire une proposition remunérée.

J'attends toujours sa réponse…
😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines