• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Warning that Adobe Pro X is damaging my computer.

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have started getting this message after subscribing to Adobe Pro DC several seeks ago.  I don't get it all the time.  Should I delete/uninstall Adobe Pro X from my iMac?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show us, or tell us, the exact words of this message. Are you sure it isn't saying something other than "damaging"? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For example, we are used to this sort of message and we can help you understand what it means.

clipboard_image_3.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

clipboard_image_0.png

This is screen shot of message I get when I'm using Adobe Pro DC now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gary,

Thanks for raising this with us. Can you please answer the following in order to resolve this issue:

1. Which version of Acrobat Pro DC are you using?
  2. Which Mac OS and exact version installed on your machine?
  3. Do you have any downloaded Acrobat .dmg or .pkg file on your system?
  4. When did this message appear - On the launch of Acrobat or while doing a specific activity.
  5. DO you have any Antivirus on your system or any suspicious software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Continuous Release 2019.12.20040

2.  macOS Catalina 10.15

3.  I searched for both but didn't find anything.  I looked in trash too.

4.  It pops up when I have a file open in Adobe

5.  No in fact after I got the message the first time this weekend, I ran Malware but nothing was found. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, so the message doesn't say it's Acrobat X (which can't possibly run). This suggests your copy of Acrobat DC has malware. Did you definitely download it from Adobe's web site?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

clipboard_image_0.png

This is email I used to download the Acrobat Pro DC after subscribing on October 9, 2019.  Should I uninstall and download again, use a different download site or something?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this all looks good (the download that is). I haven't seen any other messages mentioning this with Acrobat; you could be the first but I think it's most likely that something bad has happened on your Mac. Uninstall and download again sounds a plan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gary,

You need to update it to 19.21.20048 version, which is fully compatible with Catalina - 10.15.

To update the Acrobat:

• Launch the Acrobat
  • Move to the Help menu
  • Click Check for Updates

If you face any problems while updating, please install the manually from: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/continuous/dccontinuousoct2019ooc....

Let us know if you still face a similar dialogue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2019 Oct 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just installed update and got same message.  Restarted iMac and first thing that came up was the exact same message.  Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Gary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 23, 2019 Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think one of the installation directories of Acrobat contains some suspicious/corrupted files. Can you please uninstall the Acrobat or clean it via Adobe Cleaner tool.

After the uninstallation, please install the fresh copy of acrobat from this link

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2019 Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the Adobe Cleaner tool and got the same message.  I then removed Adobe from my iMac and used the link from above response to downloand and install again.  This morning I got the same warning message.  Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still looking for help on getting rid of this annoying message.  I've tried everything that's been recommended, but the warning message still keeps popping up every day.  Any assistance would be greately appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I would like to contribute to this discussion with a few details:

You may be missing a few steps.

You should uninstall completely your old version of Adobe Acrobat Pro.

If you recently subscribed, you may also need to download and install the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner tool in addition to the Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner and Repair tool. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html 

If you purchased a licnesed in the past for Acrobat Pro X you may also want to run the licensing repair tool:

https://www.adobe.com/support/contact/licensing.html 

Most important , the step that I think you are missing is that in order to install the appropriate Adobe Acrobat Pro software you need to go online a, log in with your user account in Adobe.com,

And download the installation file from your Creative Cloud Account ( this is the step that is recommended after running the cleanup tool).

Like indicated, once you install it, you still have to perform one more update to have Adobe Acrobat Pro reflect the currwnt version that supports Catalina.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See also the solution offered in this thread for additional insights:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/Acrobat/Acrobat-XI-keeps-crashing/m-p/10698995#M226306 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 31, 2019 Oct 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Gary,

Please let us know if the issue still persist. 

Thanks!

Ansh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines