• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Web v desktop apps

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For several years I've been a subscriber to Acrobat DC, apparently, now Acrobat Pro. The web apps offer limited features and I cannot install the desktop version on my work computer, hence unable to access all editing features. I subscribe specifically for advanced features. Adobe Creative Cloud is confusing and it's difficult to determine apps/functions included in my subscription opposed to free trial resources. Subscription price goes up next week and I'm thinking to cancel for lack of utility. Disappointed.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you have a question about acrobat pro or adobe sign?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you need to consider installing the local app; it is unlikely that the online service will EVER have everything in the local app, even though bit-by-bit more things appear.  Maybe you need to get your employer to install it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post if it helps you get responses.

<moved from using the community>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[A moderator moved this from Using the Community to Acrobat.]

There are two versions of Acrobat DC.   FREE Acrobat Reader (limited features) and paid Acrobat Pro (full features).

The latter includes access to desktop, mobile and the online API.  To use, you must be logged-in to Creative Cloud with your paid ID & password.  Is there any possibility that corporate security systems are blocking your access? 

https://acrobat.adobe.com/link/home/

From Firefox without script blockers or VPN enabled, this is what my online API looks like:

image.png

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @kehhekkeh 

You are referring to and comparing Acrobat pro to Document Cloud web services. 

This is correct, because, of architectural requirements, web apps and services have fewer features than the Acrobat Pro desktop app.

All features cannot be accessible online on the web. If you do not have the requirement of Acrobat Pro, then you can go for Acrobat Online subscriptions, such as Acrobat Export PDF https://helpx.adobe.com/document-cloud/faq/adobe-exportpdf-faq.html 

Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2024 May 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello how are you :)?  Do Adobe has a list of the features included in Adobe Pro desktop but not in Adobe Pro web version?  Thanks a lot! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2024 May 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@JAVIER2204134607lc.,

Adobe makes about 50 products & services for mobile, web & desktop. 

Are you asking about Acrobat Pro, Standard and free Acrobat Reader?  See the comparison chart below.

https://www.adobe.com/acrobat/pricing/compare-versions.html

FREE Acrobat Reader -- view, comment & sign PDF.
https://acrobat.adobe.com/us/en/acrobat/pdf-reader.html

Paid Acrobat Pro DC -- the complete solution for creating and saving PDF.
https://acrobat.adobe.com/us/en/acrobat/acrobat-pro.html

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2024 May 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think JAVIER2204134607lc is asking if there is a list or chart that specifically compares Adobe Acrobat Pro desktop version vs Adobe Acrobat Pro web version. Everyone seems to be saying the desktop version does more... I think Javier wants to know... 
1) Specifically, what features are ONLY available on the desktop version?
2) Specifically, what features are ONLY available on the web version (if any)? 
3) Specifically, what features are available on both?
I'm new to using these tools and I'd be very interested in learning these answers as well. 

Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2024 May 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's in the APP.  Go to Online Acrobat >  Tools.

https://acrobat.adobe.com/link/tools/?x_api_client_id=adobe_com

Click on Web tab to see this list.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines