Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Weird artifacts when converting from docx to PDF

New Here ,
Sep 04, 2022 Sep 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
I am writing my thesis and i ran into a strange problem when I export the surface .svg files from MATLAB and convert to pdf with Acrobat PDF Maker. The figures show weird artifacts as can be seen in the picture below. I tried to export another chart using different function and the problem is still here, so I think is something related to the PDF converter. All the 2D vector images in the document are fine even all the other generated in MATLAB.
If I export only the surface with Microsoft printer it's okay (so I deduced that the .svg file is fine), but this solution is inapplicable because it messes up al the line thickness of the other images, I prefer using Acrobat PDF Maker.
I tried to change print options without positive result.
Let me know what I can do to fix it because is very important.

image.png
I attach my .svg file so if it's necessary someone can try to replicate the error.

Best Regards

Andrea

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Andrea,

I'm not sure what tools and applications you have at hand, but I opened your SVG in Adobe Illustrator and saved it as a PDF.  The result did not have the glitches you showed.

calibration_export.png

Are you able to take a similar route and incorporate the results into your thesis?

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do get a similar glitch using the SVG in Word and PDF Maker, but converting the SVG to PNG in illustrator results shown below on the right.  If you're willing to convert the file format, the result seems to do the trick.

cal_convert to png.png

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not able to incorporate the pdf into my thesis because I need to add captions and comment to it, so I need to insert it in the .docx file.
If I convert the document directly with the export option in word there are no artifacts, the problem is that some other vector images I inserted have the problem that the lines are much more thick than what I used in Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Would you be willing to export the images out of Illustrator in a different format other than svg?  The sample I showed (right image above) was opened in Illustrator and saved as a png file.  It was then inserted into Word and converted to PDF using the PDF Maker.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines