• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What causes a delay in form field calculations?

Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been creating tickets for our techs to use out in the field and then send back, I have started to notice incorrect values in computed form fields coming back. After looking into the issue, and being able to replicate it, I am kind of concerned. What causes a simple total calculation box (simple sum of 5 other fields) to not update properly?

For instance, if on row one, I fill in the "quantity" and "rate" field, the row one total box tends to update immediately, however the main total box will still read empty until I go down to row 2 (or any other row) type something in row x quantity and hit tab, then all of a sudden the main total will show the sum from row 1.

This is causing serious issues with the simple math on this form, because if a tech fills in some rows, then saves, the main total may not reflect the actual total because it didn't feel like updating with the last row's total.

Not sure if I did a good job of explaining this, but it is a really strange issue to have.

Any one ever see this before?

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the field calculation order.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I affect the calculation order? The order in which I select the fields to calculate is not the order in which they are listed in the "calculate" box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome. Thank you very much. Everything seems to be working great.

However, there does seem to be a slight bug in the calculation order box, it seems to feel like changing your order around on it's own every once in awhile, then you have to re-move a field. It ended up sticking.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may be experiencing this issue now but the link for the correct answer appears to be broken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Select 'Prepare form' tool then click on 'More' then select 'Set Field Calculation Order'.

Fields that should calculate first should be on top and fields that calculate last should be on bottom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines