• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What exactly is "actual size"?

Contributor ,
Sep 11, 2022 Sep 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My PDF at "actual size" shown in Acrobat Pro is a different size to that displayed in Apple's Preview.

Why are the sizes so different and what exactly is "actual size"?

Thank you.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And a supplement: in some apps, it tries to work out what size you screen is. In some apps it's fixed. In some apps you can choose what size to use. None of this works with projectors! Look under Page Display and choose Custom Resolution. Not much point asking us to compare with Preview, as we avoid it like the plague.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated.

It's also my clients who are most likely using Preview and do not have Acrobat Pro. I guess I have no way of controlling what they view my PDFs in...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Generally, no. You can tell them to use Acrobat Reader, but many will say "this seems to work just fine, I'll ignore that". Only in a business setting where you have authority over how people work can you have much impact.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines