• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is System Scan is recommended?

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2016 Jan 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Jan 6th I received an update so did it.  To which part of Adobe I'm not sure.  However, since that time I constantly get a popup with a Blue circle on it and it says "System Scan is recommended".  I am using a Mac and have never had nor do I need a security application if this is what I've accidently installed.  How do I get rid of it and what is it?  Thank you for your assistance! DanamcgScreen Shot 2016-01-07 at 9.42.51 PM.png

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 18, 2016 Jan 18, 2016

Hi danamcg,

You may have MacKeeper installed on your system. Refer this link for help How to uninstall MacKeeper from your Mac | Macworld

If this is a browser pop-up, then it's a phishing scam and should be ignored.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi danamcg,

You may have MacKeeper installed on your system. Refer this link for help How to uninstall MacKeeper from your Mac | Macworld

If this is a browser pop-up, then it's a phishing scam and should be ignored.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much.  Your reply was great and the instructions you gave me the link to were also great and very easy.  All is clean now.  I have never had a problem with anything getting past MAC security so this was really a surprise.  I will be more careful on accepting updates in the future from Adobe or anything else.  Again, thank you.  Dana

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Discussion here, it's malware  https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6898737?start=0&tstart=0

If this appeared at the same time as Acrobat Reader was installed, you may have been tricked into downloading a fake, infected, Acrobat Reader. Get rid of it and download from http://get.adobe.com/reader . Be sure to look for "offers" of free software and turn them off. If you have malware, a complete wipe of your system and reinstall of everything should be considered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines