• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What's the best way to make lengthly changes to a fillable pdf? Edit in InDesign?

New Here ,
Dec 27, 2022 Dec 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I need to make many changes to a fillable pdf that someone else has designed and poorly edited (some pages look like photos pasted into the pdf so elements are not editable) and I haven't been able to get far in acrobat. Ideally I would edit this and have the form file in InDesign because I'd rather be able to make detailed changes all in one place (InDesign) then convert to fillable. I haven't found a way to edit this in InDesign since placing it simply flattens everything and no elements (lines/text/tables) are editable. There is no original file accessible for editing other than a messy pdf I have.

What would be the most efficient way to approach this? I'm dreading having to redo this whole document in InDesign from scratch (since not much could be carried over and editable) and don't want to just do something that will screw me over wanting to make future changes. Thank you!

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 27, 2022 Dec 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May have to convert the image to Text in Acrobat using OCR. You will find this in the Tools panel. The cells (fields) will have to be manually changed. May be able to create one field then copy, and detach using field name change. Recommend adding one field to each to keep in order. This is fairly easy in Acrobat. I am not sure of InDesgin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can convert the PDF to DOCX using Acrobat Pro.

Then you can import the DOCX in InDesign and edit the layout.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines