• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What's the optimal size, frame rate, format?

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

I was just wondering what's the optimal size, frame rate, format for a movie that I am embedding into a PDF?

So it doesn't hinder the time it takes to load the PDF and so it comes in and doesn't lose any of the clarity of the original video?

Thanks

Miles K

TOPICS
Rich media and 3D

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There isn't one. The performance will depend on the hardware... mostly the speed of the hard drive since the movie has to get saved out of the PDF before playing. If you place the video on the page, zooming will affect the effective resolution.

What I've done in the past is to embed a low resolution version of the video so users can play it even while offline but add a button that can switch the source to an 1080 HD streaming version by using a custom video player that I developed. You can get the equivalent functionality in the VideoPlayerX at the URL below.    

UVSAR : VideoPlayerX for Adobe Acrobat Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines