• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When copying multiple fields between PDFs, Acrobat DC only copies the first two.

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I design pretty complex documents that require regular minor updates (sometimes hundreds of fillable fields), and will often copy and paste entire pages of fillable fields between versions of documents. Since the latest update (22.0), whenever I copy more than a two fields between documents, Acrobat only pastes the first two. Even stranger, if I hit (ctrl+z), only the first copied field is removed (the second remains). 

This only seems to occur when I copy from older PDFs, even if I re-save them as a new copy.

Has anyone experienced a similar issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated, as this is making my current job basically impossible. 

Thank you.

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , PDF forms , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Are you familiar with using Replace Pages as a tool for keeping your form designs, while replacing the page backgrounds? It sounds exactly what would save you a lot of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May be better when you replace the underlaying pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bernd,

Thanks for your suggestion. I would consider if this was just a single project, but it seems to be occuring across a large number of Indesign built forms, even and resaving/re-exporting. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can replace the pages in Adobe Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the file you copy it to contain fields already? If so, make sure there are no conflicts between the field names in the source and target files. Especially problematic is when there are two fields with the same name, but different types, as that can't happen, and will cause the copy to fail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply, try67.

Unfortantly, the new file is complelty empty of fields (it is a fresh export from InDesign). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you familiar with using Replace Pages as a tool for keeping your form designs, while replacing the page backgrounds? It sounds exactly what would save you a lot of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I havn't used the replace page function in the past, but in this case it seemed to do the trick. I still wish I understood the underlying problem, but this works as a solution.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines