Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When I email a formatted fillable form, the receiver encounters issues

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am a long time adobe user. What I've noticed over the last few years is that whenever I edit and format fillable Adobe Acrobat PDF forms (such as date fields, set up tab settings, so the user can tab over to the next field, add customized field auto- calculation settings, etc.), then email it to someone, that end user always complains that some of the fields are not auto-calculating correctly, or some of the tabs orders I've created are not tabbing over correctly. Now I know I format it correctly. I save the file and test it 3 - 4 times before sending it over to make sure every function, every field is working properly. However, still, every single time, there are at least 5 out of 20 forms that have this issue - and it's always random. When I test and download the email to see if it is working, sometimes I get the same issue (even though I check settings and none of the settings have changed) and other times, I can't recreate that issue. Is anyone else having this random issue? I've updated my computer, restarted it, tried on both mac and windows, double checked the end users adobe acrobat software and version to make sure both were the same - I've literally done everything I could possibly think of, but this issue keeps happening randomly and I am so tired of it!

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The issue is very likely due to how they open the file. Instruct them to download the file to their computer and then open it using Adobe Reader only, not in Apple Preview, not inside a browser window, and not on a mobile device. Then it will work properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines