When I manually add files to response file, the file name does not match the data

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2017 Mar 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a distributed file and sent a link to download the file.  Respondents completed the form and sent them through email.

I collected the PDFs and the added them manually to the response file.

When I export the data to a CSV file there is a field that lists the PDF file name.  That name does not match the data on the same line.  It is valid data but from a different response.  I went to the response file to see if it was wrong there but instead of a file name it shows a PDF icon and as far as I can tell the PDF presented when clicking the icon matches the data in that line. 

Not sure if that makes sense to anyone but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Dennis

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

198

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any answer to this yet? The filename column matches the contents when exporting *small* batches of records, but order gets messed up when select all or more than about 5 records at a time.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to necro this thread, yet this problem seems to still exist in Acrobat Pro 2017. Unfortunately this is the only version provided by my company, so I can't really test it with a more recent Acrobat.

 

Is there any workaround or solution to this? It is a major problem for our current survey project as we actually need the filename data.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2022 Jun 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still an issue for me too.  It is concerning that this has been an issue for so many years and no solution to date.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2022 Jun 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maybe try the Merge Data Files into Spreadsheet command, instead of using a response file. It also includes the names of the files in the first column out the output file, and as far as I've seen it works just fine.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines