Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When opening a PDF I get a popup from Acrobat XI PRO

Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2024 Jun 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting a popup "Update your browser
To use Adobe services, please update your Adobe applications, operating system, and browser to the latest versions." Done, no change. I have a perpetual license for Adobe Acrobat XI. I Spoke to their support and they know about the issue but have no plans to fix it.  The problem is not with Acrobat it is with their interface.  Oh and the darn popup stays on the screen.  You cannot get rid of it unless you reboot.  They want to sell me a monthly license to solve the problem. How about that? They have a brake / fix issue and they want to sell product instead of fixing it.  They did ask me to check back in a week to 10 days.   Adobe is the worst company I have ever delt with.  They left their support team hanging out to dry.   What is a good replacement that has the same functions?  I was a Service Planner for IBM and Lenovo for 30 years and before that a customer engineer for IBM and if we had a customer with that type of problem we
Regards, 

Gary Huber
TOPICS
PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It did not finish the post.  I wanted to say.  We would solve it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's your OS? Assuming it's not a very old one, Acrobat XI won't be compatible with it, so problems are to be expected. To increase the chances of it working properly make sure you have all updates installed (up to 11.0.23) and run it in Compatibility Mode with an earlier OS, like Windows 7.

Updates are available here:
ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/acrobat/win/11.x/
You must use a dedicated FTP client to open the link, it won't work in most browsers.

Regarding the response from Adobe's Tech Support: I'm sure they didn't offer that you pay to solve the problem (at least I hope not). They offered you subscribe to the latest version, where this problem would not happen. You can also purchase another perpetual license, but that is less recommended as that version is barely updated any longer.

If you can find other software from 12+ years ago that works now without any issues on a modern OS, I say go for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2024 Jun 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My OS is Windows 11 at the latest level.  Acorbat worked fine until a few days ago.   As I said Support agreed that the issue is on their end.  And yes at this time the solution is go to a subscription.  I did not see or was told about the sale of a perpetual license.  Regarding the Other software I have not found one that has the add-in that supports creating Excel in allowing separate tabs to be created in PDF form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2024 Jun 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To get a perpetual license for Acrobat: Go to the Adobe Products Page and search for "Acrobat":

https://www.adobe.com/products/catalog/software.html

At the top of the list you'll now see Acrobat Pro 2020. Click on the Buy button next to it. If you have a prior qualifying version change the "Type" drop-down to "License Upgrade". Otherwise leave it as "Full License".
Then select the other options (OS, Language, etc.) and complete the purchase. You'll get a full license, not a time-based subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2024 Jun 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already have a perpetual license.  The license is good.  I spoke to Adobe support via chat and he confirmed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2024 Jun 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I went to both of the urls you listed and there is not a perpetual license listed for Acrobat Pro 20 or any Acrobat for that matter unless it is a subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines