• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When printing a PDF to PDF of different size, I lose text recognition

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As an example, I received a PDF from a client with page size 8.27" x 11.69". I need to e-file this with a court that's very particular, and requires 8.5 x 11 size pages and OCR/text recognition.  When I print the original PDF (WITH searchable text) to the correct size, I lose the text recognition.  Then when I use "recognize text" on the new document, it runs through the motions, but the text is not searchable. I hate to have to scan it because of the loss of quality of the image, but that's what I'm having to do right now.  I have Adobe Acrobat Pro. Thanks!

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , How to , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, printing PDF to PDF is never coinsidered a good solution to anything. So much is lost or damaged. You can adjust page sizes (with some complication) using the Crop Pages tool in Organise Pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines