• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When printing I receive the following error on the printer status window: Stopped - ERROR: /.SFCompactDisplay-Heavy

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am completely unable to print as well. I have a MacBook Pro and an older iMac and neither are printing.

I have tried your recommended fixes above and am still unable to print.

When printing I receive the following error on the printer status window: Stopped - ERROR: /.SFCompactDisplay-Heavy

2016 MacBook Pro Touchbar

MacOS 10.13.2

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC 2008.009.20050

iMac 2009

MacOS 10.11.6

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC 2018.009.20050

Printer

HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M177w

Firmware 20140514

Any known fix?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi oBoyleRules,

Please try following troubleshooting steps:

1- Reboot the machine and printer if you haven't already and try printing again.

2- If that doesn't work, try updating printer's firmware in Printer's control panel.

3- If the issue still persists, try resetting the printer and check if that helps.

Does printing works when printing from other applications?

-Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The suggested troubleshooting steps above have no affect on this issue. I am still unable to print.

Printing from any other application works without issue. Therefore, there is no reason to believe the issue is with the printer.

I am having the same issue on two separate machines running the same version on Reader DC. Seems its obvious the issue lies with your application and not the printer.

Please provide a fix to restore printing.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your error message the same: Error can't open /private/var/spool/cups/tmp/  ?

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2018 Jul 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having exact same issue, except can't print from Word (recently updated) either. No printing occurring except from browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2018 Jul 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it happens with word and Acrobat and different other software, I would suppose it to be a MacOS problem. Somewhere else I read there could be an issue with the SFCompactDisplay-Heavy font.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2019 Jan 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue since upgrading to Mojave in December 2018. Have tried driver reinstalls, installing acrobat and reinstalling, multiple system reboots, printer restarts, resetting the printer network settings and multiple other possible solutions, all to no avail. Can print from others apps, just not from Acrobat.  Can also print pdf files from Preview with no problem. No prepared to reinstall my whole OS for this. Adobe need to sort it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2019 Jan 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Acrobat and version (please do not answer the latest) do you use?

What printer are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2019 Jan 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Acrobat Pro DC version 2019.010.20069.

Current OS is MacOS Mojave 10.14.2

Printer is an Epson WF-7620 which has been working fine until the upgrade to Mojave. I have uninstalled and reinstalled latest drivers multiple times and all associated Epson software. I have tried both the "generic MacOS installed driver and installing  the current one direct from the Epson web site. Same results each time.

The pdf files will print from Preview.

All other types of file print without problem; e.g. Microsoft Word and Excel docs and photo files from Lightroom.

The only printing problem is printing pdfs from Acrobat Pro DC.

Hope this may help identifying the problem.  Willing to try other options...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2019 Jan 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's see what the Mac gurus have to say. There are a lot of reports with Mojave and Acrobat, so I suppose all are working hard to get a solution out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I see that this post is Jan 2018 so it may have been resolved? However, I am using Acrobat Reader on a MacBook Pro 2011 with OS High Sierra and I get the same error when printing PDF from Acrobat. The fix for me is to select 'actual size' not 'fit' in the print dialogue window and it prints just fine. HTH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines