• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WHERE ARE THE SCROLL BARS?!!

Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2023 Sep 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'VE SPENT A HALF HOUR NOW, ON A TIGHT DEADLINE, TRYING TO FIND THE VERTICAL SCROLL NBARS IN THE NEW ACROBAT PRO CONTINUOUS RELEASE VERSIOJN 2023.  WHY DO YOU HAVE TO DO THIS TO US?  THE WEB IS FULL OF PEOPLE TRYING TO FIND THESE SCROLL BARS!  I'VE GOT A 230 PAGE PDF TO EDIT AND I'M HAVING TO USE THE UP & DOWN ARROWS TO MOVE ONE PAGE AT A TIME!

WHERE ARE THE SCROLL BARS?!!  [Repeated text removed]

TOPICS
Modern Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Oct 12, 2023 Oct 12, 2023

2020 VERSION IS HEREhttps://helpx.adobe.com/ca/download-install/kb/acrobat-2020-downloads.html

Install it (it asks for a serial number; I chose "trial version yada yada" and when it asked again on startup I choose "use my username" or something like that), then

> choose a PDF in Finder (Mac),

> Right-click and choose "Open with" and choose the 2020 version (for me it appears with a black icon)

> make sure it works (it does for me)

> Go back to Finder, and on any PDF

> Right-cli

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Feb 28, 2024 Feb 28, 2024

Hi All

The issue has been addressed with the new version of Acrobat (23.08.20555) and now we have a preference to enable the scroll bar in Mac.
Please find details for the fix here:- https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/scroll-framework-upgrade-macos.html

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Feb 28, 2024 Feb 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still have no scroll bars in single page view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right. Still no scroll bars...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the toolbar in the lower-right corner, if you click on the 1:1 icon, there's an option to enable scrolling. As you hover over it, you can also see that there is an option to pin it. Then you can toggle it on and off as needed. Full disclosure: Enabling scrolling overrides single-page view. But if you're in single-page view and you toggle scrolling on, you can scroll to where you want to go and then toggle it off to return to single-page view. It's not perfect, but I'm already getting used to it and I've only been using it for 2 hours. I might be biased, because I'm so happy to get the scroll bars back that I'm willing to overlook this minor inconvenience. 😉 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's better than nothing, but it still doesn't work the way it worked before, and I don't see why Adobe can't fix it so that there really are scroll bars all the time and not only with enabled scrolling. For me, single page view without scrolling enabled and with scroll bars visible is the most efficient way to navigate through long documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 29, 2024 Feb 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree. I am finding little to love in the new UI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 06, 2024 Mar 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does NOT fix the problem. For crying out loud, just make it work properly, as it did before you messed with it. For tablet users, scroll bars need to appear ALL THE TIME, in single page view and in the comments panel etc. etc.

This is not rocket science.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 01, 2024 May 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amal / Adobe, can you give us an update please as many people here are still not getting scroll bars with 23.08.20555.

From my other reply, tablet users need to have scroll bars available ALL THE TIME, in single page view and all views as we don't have a scroll wheel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 01, 2024 May 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The current version is 2024.002.20687.

Anyway, for me the issue is still not fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 02, 2024 May 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that the issue still occurs.

What happens when you try to use the scroll bar, do you get any error message? A small video recording of the steps and the issue would be very helpful for more clarity.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 03, 2024 May 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I just wrote in the other thread on this topic, I cannot try to use scroll bars that don't exist, which is the problem these threads are all about. Not that something would happen when you would try to use them but that they are simply not there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. No scroll bars.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

The Reason for the Scroll Bar not being visible is we have moved to a new framework and the Scroll bar would be available on scrolling. For your request to show the Scroll Bar, we have a plist that you can enable to honour system preferences for showing the scrollbar, for honouring the system scroll preference please create plist in

~/Library/Preferences in com.adobe.acrobat.pro.plist create this plist setting.

Amal_1-1714771596937.png

Choose Show Scroll Bars as Always under Appearance in settings for Mac.

Please let us know if the above share plist setting does not work for you.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 08, 2024 May 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal, please explain what programme you use in that screenshot.

How do we create a plist file?

I do not have any software like the screenshot. I can only open/edit a plist file in BBEdit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2024 Mar 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use apple's Preview app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use apple's Preview app.

By @jnisselson

That may have catastrophic consequences for your PDF data. It seems hat preview changes data in some cases. 

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To find the vertical scroll bars in the new Acrobat Pro 2023 Continuous Release version, it seems you might be facing an interface or settings issue where the scroll bars are not visible or behaving differently than expected. Adobe frequently updates its software, and sometimes these updates can change the behavior or appearance of certain features.

In general, vertical scroll bars in PDF viewers like Acrobat Pro should appear automatically when a document is longer than what fits on one screen. If they're not appearing, here are a few things you can try:

1. Check the View Settings: Sometimes, the viewing mode can affect how you navigate a document. Make sure you're in a viewing mode that supports scrolling. Look for options like "Single Page View" or "Enable Scrolling" in the View menu or similar settings.

2. Update or Reinstall Acrobat Pro: Ensure you have the latest version of Acrobat Pro installed. Sometimes, bugs related to UI elements like scroll bars are fixed in updates. If you're already up to date, try reinstalling the software to reset its settings.

3. Modify Preferences: Go to Edit > Preferences (or Acrobat > Preferences on a Mac), and look for options related to the document display, interface, or accessibility settings. There might be an option to always show scroll bars or to change how documents are navigated.

4. Use Touch Mode: If you're using a touch-enabled device, enabling Touch Mode might make navigation easier, especially on tablets. Touch Mode can be found under the View menu or in the Quick Tools bar. This doesn't directly solve the scroll bar issue but can improve overall navigation.

5. Keyboard Shortcuts: While not a solution to bring back the scroll bars, using keyboard shortcuts like Page Up and Page Down can be a faster way to navigate through a document compared to arrow keys.

Since you mentioned "m8l plus tablet free," it sounds like you might be using a specific device or looking for compatibility with Acrobat Pro. If the device has touch capabilities, enabling Touch Mode in Acrobat Pro, as mentioned above, might improve your experience.

If none of these suggestions help, I recommend reaching out to Adobe Support directly or checking Adobe's official forums and help documentation. There might be device-specific guidance or updates available that can resolve your issue. Adobe's community forums are also a great place to find advice from other users who might have faced and solved similar issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2024 Mar 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just cancelled my annual subscription which was due to renew in a few weeks because of issues like this. I'm going to go ahead and purchase the 2020 disk at my local office supply store. It will require a larger initial outlay than a renewal but I will get several years out of it and I won't have to worry about the program interface being changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2024 May 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honestly thinking of doing the same 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2024 May 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do not have to go that route. I downloaded and it worked just fine with my current credentials. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2024 Mar 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are there now in Adobe Acrobat Pro continuous release 2023.008.20555

Look under preferences / Page Display -- there's an option in the section called "Page Content and Information": "always show scroll bars."

Then close and reopen the app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 25, 2024 Mar 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would be great, if it would work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2024 May 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does getting the scroll bars back mean having to update to the complete POS new version of Acrobat? I'd rather not risk ever seeing that appalling GUI ever again than have scroll bars and lose the "disable POS update" option,. Does the update link above from the Adobe chap still include the classic environment option?  Honestly at this point I'm considering getting our entire Creative Cloud contract cancelled based on how appalling this issue is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2024 May 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I simply downloaded the 2020 version, and I am on Mac 2020 running Big Sur. It works perfect for me. I am not using the new version, the scroll bars still don't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2024 May 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I gave up reeading all the comments as it is all too much.

@Amal. I have no idea why you say Acrobat has been updated when it is still not working. I am summarise this simply in case there has been a missunderstand.

The scrolls bars do not show when you have the 'Comments' Panel open. I can see scroll bars for the page, but I want to be able to see scroll bars for the comments panel. See attached screen grab of a current doc I am working on.

CAN WE PLEASE GET THIS FIXED ONCE AND FOR ALL?

Screenshot 2024-05-13 at 5.56.28 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 13, 2024 May 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

The issue has been highlighted to the engineering team for review.

Please give us some time to get it checked and we will share the update as soon as we get any information.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines