• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WHERE ARE THE SCROLL BARS?!!

Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2023 Sep 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'VE SPENT A HALF HOUR NOW, ON A TIGHT DEADLINE, TRYING TO FIND THE VERTICAL SCROLL NBARS IN THE NEW ACROBAT PRO CONTINUOUS RELEASE VERSIOJN 2023.  WHY DO YOU HAVE TO DO THIS TO US?  THE WEB IS FULL OF PEOPLE TRYING TO FIND THESE SCROLL BARS!  I'VE GOT A 230 PAGE PDF TO EDIT AND I'M HAVING TO USE THE UP & DOWN ARROWS TO MOVE ONE PAGE AT A TIME!

WHERE ARE THE SCROLL BARS?!!  [Repeated text removed]

TOPICS
Modern Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Oct 12, 2023 Oct 12, 2023

2020 VERSION IS HEREhttps://helpx.adobe.com/ca/download-install/kb/acrobat-2020-downloads.html

Install it (it asks for a serial number; I chose "trial version yada yada" and when it asked again on startup I choose "use my username" or something like that), then

> choose a PDF in Finder (Mac),

> Right-click and choose "Open with" and choose the 2020 version (for me it appears with a black icon)

> make sure it works (it does for me)

> Go back to Finder, and on any PDF

> Right-cli

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Feb 28, 2024 Feb 28, 2024

Hi All

The issue has been addressed with the new version of Acrobat (23.08.20555) and now we have a preference to enable the scroll bar in Mac.
Please find details for the fix here:- https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/scroll-framework-upgrade-macos.html

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 112 Replies 112
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go: >File >Duabke new version,

it's not fit for purpose. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's not fit for purpose. 

By @robbiep50323450

Makes no sense whatsoever, what you just said.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 27, 2023 Sep 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Makes no sense whatsoever, what you just said.

By @CaseyCayce

Robbie's hands slid over on his keyboard and caught some adjacent letters. "Duabke" should be "Disable".

Here is what he meant:

• To disable the new experience:
    • Windows: Click the hamburger menu (3 lines) at the upper left corner and choose Disable new Acrobat.
    • macOS: Go to View > Disable new Acrobat.

Details here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/acrobat/using/new-acrobat-experience.html

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2023 Oct 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've done this. Still no scrtoll bars. But at least I can see Thumnails on the left now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or ... I can see them, but still can't scroll them)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2023 Dec 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They're there. You just have to turn them on.

2023-09-18_13-06-25.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are turned on... no scroll bar.  I can see it momentarily when I grab the edge of the window to widen it, but then it disappears and can't be brought back by any method.

Screenshot 2023-09-18 at 4.10.37 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just start scrolling using the mouse wheel or the page turner and they come right back. ezgif-1-c83d1e866d.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, that's what I'm doing.  The only problem is, before I can get my cursor to the scroll bar, its gone, and no "hovering" or any other action will bring it back, until I go through the process again and hope I'm quicker than the time-out these dumb-asses have put this on.  Here's an idea:  how about these idiots give us a way to have the scroll bar visible ALL THE TIME, instead of having to play some kiund of wack-a-mole arcade game to be able to use it... and waste all this time hoping to find an actual solution.  How would that be?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't use the scroll wheel, I literally have it taped off due to such a devastating repetitive stress injury. I can't even seem to turn on the scrollbar in this new version as of last week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 02, 2023 Oct 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but this does not work if you're using a Wacom pen. You have to put the pen down and pick up mouse or use the trackpad. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can see the scroll bar here, but it's only showing because I'm resizing the window, stretching to the right.  As soon as I stop resizing, it disappears and can't be brought back.

Screenshot 2023-09-18 at 4.17.07 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2023 Sep 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find if you click where the scroll bar was last seen and start moving your mouse, it reappears and you can continue scrolling. This is so frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't even find it. As soon as I move the window it is gone and I can't get it to reappear. I feel so frustrated. It's so simple. Why does something so simple have to be so complicated?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2023 Sep 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing exactly the same, also wasting time when I need to be working. I have resorted to the arrow keys, NONE of the suggested fixes work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly. This is the third evening I've freaked out on this, finally came here to see if there is something I'm missing. Again, wasted time for a change that is so unnecessary. I guess they assume everyone uses a phone and none of the desktop features matter anymore which makes literally no sense for professional designers and gaphic artists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2023 Sep 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but this does not reinstate scroll bars for me, neither does setting touch mode to 'never' in Preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a wacom tablet and scroll bars do not show up until I put the pen down and then scroll with the mouse then they show up. Adobe is there a fix for this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This really is ridiculous, Adobe. Stop "fixing" things that aren't broken. Just stop.

Prior to this update, one could be in single page view, and still scroll. That's what want to be able to do - it's something I would normally do countless times per day. Instead, now I have to either Enable Scrolling - which doesn't allow me to quickly scroll page by page, accurately showing only one page at a time - or page through long documents using the arrow keys.

Years ago, Acrobat Pro was a solid piece of software - back when Adobe used the standard Mac intreaface, and followed the standard Mac interface rules. Since then, Adobe's attempt to create a "custom" interface for Acobat, dropped on top of the Mac interface, just adds clutter and visual noise, without improving usability at all. In fact, the Adobe intrface has clearly made the softare LESS user-friendly.

Please stop @#$%!!ing around with the interface, and stop making bad design decisions. Do some serious usability testing with real-world users. Look at what the interface used to look like, before the Adobe layer was added. Consider going back to that. Make it simple, clean, easy to navigate, easy to use. Follow Mac standards. Make it clear and intuitive. What you have now is anything but that - it's a poorly-designed muddle that interferes with your users' productivity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I'm crying reading someone who gets this. So frustrated after decades they just don't care about long time dedicated users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously, we should all charge them for our time. I've wasted hours trying to figure out how to do basic navigation through a long PDF while there's a clutter of inintelligible symbols all over the place (and Disable New Version crashes Acrobat), and then of course, as noted by others, having to click through page-by-page. If they want some stupid thing for secretaries to put stamps and stickers on, make it separate, and give the professionals a functioning tool the works the way we've been using it for decades!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2023 Nov 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed this too. It's incredibly frustrating. I want to be able to see the scroll bar when in "Single Page View" or "Two Page View" without having to click "Enable Scrolling". Anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 25, 2023 Sep 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am so sick of paying for a monthly "subscription," which I don't need, but which allows Adobe to say they're making "improvements" so they can keep charging freelancers exorbitant rates for their software. Yes, I can "kind of" see the vertical scroll bar if I use my mouse to activate it, but for a two page spread, if I need to scroll side to side, there is nothing. I can briefly see a big gray scroll bar, but I can't click on it to save my life. I have wasted so much time since Friday because of this "improvement," and I'm on a deadline with a huge book. Also those ridiculous 4 squares, that look like photos, that are supposed to suggest to me that they will show my page thumbnails, is another "improvement" I didn't need. Give us all a free month at least when you make these absurd "improvements."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines