• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where is the Paragraph Tab for setting Line Spacing in Acrobat DC?

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am setting up a form with dropdowns that populate text into 2 form fields.

I have used both Javascript and the Javascript Editor within Acrobat DC, and, it is really working fine.

However, I would like to set the line spacing (e.g. line leading) closer, so I can get more lines into the form field or text box when it populates with text.

I have read online that all I have to do (in a MAC) is click into the form text box, and hit Command E, and I get the Text Field Properties. Once I hit the "more" button on this dialogue, I am suppose to see a new dialogue box open, and, see a tab with "Paragraph" on it that will allow me to set line spacing.

In my version there is no "Paragraph" tab. Will Acrobat DC allow me to set line spacing?

Thank you

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you do exactly what I said? You have not confirmed that you have left form editing. You must be filling the form, and typing IN THAT FORM FIELD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, let me confirm yes, I left form Prep, so, just the PDF is open only!! No editing is taking place!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well it worked for me first time. The moment I clicked to fill the rich text form, the More button in the properties bar worked and showed the paragraph tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welp, it does not in my version!

However, the ONLY way you can get the properties to open is to have the text box live.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your last screen shots were really useful. They got us on the same page and showed what was wrong. Can you now show the Properties etc when you serving regular form fill, have clicked and CHANGED some characters in the rich edit field we saw you define.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "instructions" you referenced were a user post and user answer in the now locked "Acrobat User Group" forum. They are clearly state you need to set the field's properties to "Use Rich Text Formatting" and "Multi line" options checked or enabled.

The text field need to have the "Use Rich Text" options enabled. If you field will display more than one line you also need to enable the "Multi line" option.

Select the field and use the combination keys of <Ctrl> + E or <Option> + E to bring up the "Properties" window and select the "More" option to bring the more options widow and a tab for "Paragraph" settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines